Sunday, December 30, 2007

  • Main Page
  • The Year in Review

    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
    -Abraham Lincoln

    2007 was a great year. I did, after all, get married, and that pretty much trumps all the knitting. And my best friend got married. And my other best friend had a baby. And it turns out that all these great events make it a great year for knitting. So great, in fact, I've put off writing this post because it seemed so daunting. But a lazy Sunday on the penultimate day of the year provides just the opportunity to review, and to plan ahead.A review of 2007, with thoughts for 2008.

    Sweaters -
    Five for adults. Three were complete successes - Rogue and the Shaped Denim Aran are in regular rotation, and Rowena is perfect for my sister. The Ribby Cardi found a new home with Elinor, and the Rice Stitch Sweater is, eh, there. Sweaters will be the new focus for 2008, so expect much more coming.
    Lace - There are two shawls in progress, but I'm just not feeling the lace lately. The Chuppah does count as one of my master works, however, and I'm sure I'll return more to it later. After all those sweaters . . .Socks - A total of 21 pairs for this year. This puts my lifetime total somewhere around 122, although I do confess to be losing track. For all that there will also be socks in progress, I'm working on the bigger and special projects this year. I do love the sock swaps, though, and that husband of mine keeps clamoring for more.Winter Fun - The best knit gift of Christmas this year has to be the Hallard Mittens. My sister-in-law (of cold, cold Calgary) loves them and they fit perfectly. As for the rest, I credit the Stained Glass Hat with getting me back into colorwork with a vengence.
    Babies - This is a great year for babies, and I think I went a little crazy with it all. No complaints, though - these are fun!Miscellaneous
    And, the snuck-in-at-the-end favorite knit for 2007? Our matching Christmas stockings. Sweaters come and go, socks need darning, but these are heirlooms.Coming soon, 2008 has already started with a special yarn of the month and a brand new project.

    Labels:

    20 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooooh--am I the first commenter??

    F-I-L and I love the Log Cabin Socks!! Perfect for those cold evenings in You-Know-Where.

    Happy New Year, you two. Love you!

    M-I-L

    12/30/2007 5:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love those Log Cabin socks too. They're so comfy and quick.

    Wow, pretty impressive year, Theresa!

    12/30/2007 7:19 PM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    Many happy returns. Looking forward to reading of your 2008 adventures! (and the announcement of your wedding does just take the cake for my blog-reading moments of '07!)

    12/30/2007 9:13 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    All that and an internship too? When did you find time to sleep. Definitely a successful year, can't wait to see what you do in 2008.

    12/30/2007 9:27 PM  
    Blogger WandaWoman said...

    It saddens me that you don't love the Rice Stitch sweater. When you posted that one, I immediately fell in love with it. I still need to see if I have that issue of the magazine.

    12/30/2007 10:07 PM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    You have had a grand year! May 2008 be just as filled with love and knitting. ;-)

    12/31/2007 4:45 AM  
    Blogger Liz K. said...

    The Chuppah is the most amazing achievement for me, but for you to have finished all those other projects, along with being an intern and a newlywed, well, it's unbelievable!

    Wishing you a wonderful 2008!

    12/31/2007 5:58 AM  
    Blogger knitmd said...

    Somehow, it doesn't seem fair that one who lives in San Diego, doing an internship and newly married should put us old timers to shame in knitting production! But then, if I subtracted the time four kids and three dogs takes out of my day, perhaps I'd focus better, too! A very impressive fiber product count!

    Happy New Year to you!

    12/31/2007 6:03 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    That's an impressive list! Blessings to you in the new year.

    12/31/2007 6:14 AM  
    Blogger Caroline said...

    You must be the epitome of the adage, "Busy people get things done." I can't believe al of the knitting you have listed.

    I absolutely love your Debbie Bliss cardigan you have in your last post. I even have Celtic Knits, so I'm very tempted to try it.

    12/31/2007 6:20 AM  
    Blogger Pat said...

    I find it hard to believe that you completed the Chuppah all by itself! Let alone all the other beautiful knits - a great year in life and knitting!

    12/31/2007 7:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a ludicrously productive year for someone in the midst of her medical residency. I can't even begin to contemplate what you might produce if you worked more normal hours!

    I hope 2008 brings as much happiness -- knitting and otherwise -- as 2007!

    12/31/2007 6:05 PM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Such a busy year! Great memories for you and your hubby.

    Oh, and the knitting was great too. Don't know how you keep all those balls in the air.

    Happy New Year!

    1/01/2008 6:13 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! Happy New Year! I think you need a Gold Star of Achievement in Knitting for 2007.

    1/01/2008 6:36 AM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    Happy New Year! You did have an exceptional year, and I hope 2008 is just as good.

    1/01/2008 5:39 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    OK, so one of these days, I'm going to come visit you just so I can watch you knit. How did you make all that in one year??? I'm so jealous. :( Even without a baby or a job, there's no way I could ever approach your blaze of knittery!

    1/01/2008 5:56 PM  
    Blogger nova said...

    Wow. I can't wait to see what you come up with for 2008!

    1/02/2008 9:05 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I hope you have a wonderful New Year! Your list of completed knits is extremely impressive. I suddenly have the impression that I must waste a lot of my free time. ;)

    1/02/2008 11:26 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for such a wonderful 2007 and wishing you a just a fabulous 2008!

    1/02/2008 12:43 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    What speedy fingers you have! I can only dream that someday I will be able to produce half this much in one year!

    Happy New Year!

    1/05/2008 3:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home