Wednesday, October 31, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Under the Socktoberfest Wire

    If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart. -Arab Proverb

    The knitting around here may be all about colors these days, but the blogging still has two pairs of socks to catch up on. There's a secret pair of socks for that Christmas basket. . . And then there's a pair for me. I really intended these to be a gift, but the two skeins of handpainted yarns were dramatically different in value. It doesn't show up that well in these photos, but it's on par with what Colleen recently experienced. So now they're mine. Too bad . . .

    Little Arrowhead Lace Socks Pattern: free Nancy Bush pattern available here!
    Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino, took >2 skeins even for my tiny feet (US 6.5)
    Needles: Brittany Birch US 3 dpns
    Notes: Hated the yarn color difference. Otherwise, no modifications. Love this pattern. Have made it before, will make it again.
    Best Thing About This Project: Socktoberfest fun - now I'm at pair #119 in lifetime sock knitting. Not to shabby, eh?

    And speaking of the Christmas basket, I spent some time this weekend finalizing my Christmas list and wrapping all the Christmas presents I already have. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I think I'm prepared. What do you think?

    Labels:

    18 Comments:

    Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    10/31/2007 6:17 AM  
    Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

    You're not nuts! I envy your organization and preparation. I like more of a rush and enjoy doing most of my shopping in December :-)

    Time to update your Count Your Socks info! :-)

    10/31/2007 6:18 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    I've started wrapping presents already too. You're not nuts. It's what you have to do once your family doubles through marriage... :-)

    10/31/2007 6:24 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pretty colors (particularly the rose-bush reminiscent one)! The pattern link takes me to a the blue sock image though. I am perfectly capable of googling, so I think I will survive the day. :D

    10/31/2007 6:28 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    You know we're all going to agree with you, right? You are definitely not nuts. I'm making a lot of gifts this year (sewing, not knitting) and I hope to be done long before Thanksgiving. I hate pressure at the last minute.

    10/31/2007 6:29 AM  
    Blogger Linda said...

    Definitely prepared. He's just jealous. Doesn't speak well for advance shopping for your present, though, does it?

    10/31/2007 7:50 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well - the way you have them displayed, they look exactly the same color (Did you hide the color difference under the top sock??)They are beautiful - I love that pattern!

    10/31/2007 8:16 AM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    I think I envy you! I haven't even caught up with my 2003 Christmas card list...

    10/31/2007 9:07 AM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    C. Both A and B. Too bad about crappy yarn. The socks look really pretty. I just bookmarked the pattern! Thanks!

    10/31/2007 9:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Definitely not nuts. Envy inducing, but not nuts. You're one of those people the rest of us will be grumbling about when we're up til 2 am Christmas Eve trying to finish something before gifting it. ;)

    10/31/2007 10:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This post's title couldn't be more right on. I FORCED myself to finish and post my knee highs by today. The self-torture method seems to be pretty effective. ;) PS: You're not nuts. :)

    10/31/2007 11:31 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your lifetime # of socks is amazing! Too bad about the yarn for your socks - they are so pretty anyways. Can't really see the difference in the pics.

    10/31/2007 12:56 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Prepared. I wish I was. Pretty socks!

    10/31/2007 3:16 PM  
    Blogger stringplay said...

    My first time to visit. Love the socks. I think you are very prepared (but couldn't you be a little of both?) Just kidding.
    Wish I was way ahead.

    10/31/2007 4:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful socks! I think you are prepared. And I think I am very jealous.

    10/31/2007 10:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've made socks from that precise yarn and colorway. Funnily enough, though, I was able to make a pair of socks for me plus a pair of baby socks. I wonder if they reduced their yardage?

    In any case, yours look great!

    11/01/2007 3:53 PM  
    Blogger OzKnitter said...

    You're not nuts, but you're definitely way more organised than I am! I haven't even written a list of people I need gifts for, let alone started shopping or knitting.

    11/01/2007 7:34 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I say prepared! I hate going to the malls at holiday time, so I think getting a jump on things is always best. We are woefully behind this year, but with a move coming up quickly, I suppose it can't be helped.

    11/02/2007 4:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home