Saturday, October 27, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Fun With Fair Isle

    Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by.
    -Carl Sandburg

    The Christmas basket is finally getting some love. Check out these mittens.That wasn't enough, was it?Hallard Mittens
    Pattern: from Folk Mittens
    Yarn: Cascade 220 - delightful. I have bunches more. More mittens, perhaps?
    Needles: US 3 Brittany Birch dpns
    Notes: The only real modification I made was to use the same pattern on both cuffs instead of corrugated ribbing on the left cuff. A delightful pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: The initials on the right cuff. But I can't show you them, can I?I loved making these mittens so much that I went ahead and got ready to start not one, not two, but three new stranded knitting projects. And, yes, one of them is mittens. Oops!

    Labels: ,

    13 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous. They will make a very special gift. Three cheers for Cascade 220!

    10/27/2007 3:19 PM  
    Blogger carla said...

    Beautiful mittens! I've been bitten by that bug, myself.

    10/27/2007 4:13 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I have that book and have yet to knit any mittens from it! Cascade 220? I have yards of that hanging around.....hmmmmmmmmm.... NO! November is for sweaters!

    10/27/2007 8:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooo - beautiful!! - and from my favorite mitten book too. I haven't made this pair yet, but will soon after seeing yours!!

    10/28/2007 5:06 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    My Christmas basket is starting to get jealous of your Christmas basket!
    Very pretty mittens!

    10/28/2007 6:09 AM  
    Blogger Hege said...

    Those are great mittens! You are very generous with your Christmas gifts!

    10/28/2007 11:19 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Gorgeous mittens! Stranded knitting has been calling me, but I must finish the sweaters first!

    10/28/2007 1:08 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    They're beautiful, Theresa. As you might guess from my blog, I LOVE mittens. Someone will be glad and lucky to get these!

    10/28/2007 8:59 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Beautiful mittens! That's one of my favorite mitten patterns. Don't you just love that book??? It has some really nice patterns in it. I can't wait to see the new stranded projects!!

    10/29/2007 2:40 AM  
    Blogger margene said...

    Fabulous mittens! Fair Isle style knitting is addicting!

    10/29/2007 5:00 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I always say I want to knit Fair Isle, but I never have. Maybe I should start with mittens. These are great!

    10/29/2007 5:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those are so cute! Yay for stranded knitting!

    10/29/2007 4:05 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Great mittens! I haven't tried stranded knitting yet, but I'm thinking perhaps soon I may. A baby project, perhaps?

    I can't wait to see your new projects! They look very colorful.

    11/02/2007 4:47 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home