Thursday, October 04, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Scrappy Socks, and Other

    The artist is a receptacle for the emotions that come from all over the place:
    from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper,
    from a passing shape, from a spider's web.
    -Pablo Picasso

    You want it, you got it. Here's an in-progress photo of the scrappy socks:
    Awesome, eh?

    And since it's not all socks all the time around here, I did get around to sewing those buttons on that baby cardigan. October UFO done early!

    Chenille Baby Cardigan
    Pattern: Chenille Cardigan from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms
    Yarn: Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille - 1 ball of the cream and about 1/2 ball of the maroon
    Needles: US 6
    Notes: I don't love knitting with chenille, but it looks great. I made a couple of mods, the most obvious is the color change for the borders, which I did because I didn't think I'd have enough of the cream to do the whole thing (I wouldn't have it turns out). I also knit the body in the round to the armholes and picked up stitches for the sleeves and knit down. It was annoying to knit the sleeves with the whole sweater hanging off, and I made my rate of decreasing a little too steep, but it was still probably better than seaming with chenille.
    Best Thing About This Project: Done with my October UFO so early!

    Labels: , ,

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great job on the baby cardi and getting it done early! Yay!

    10/05/2007 9:50 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But is the baby here yet? I'm anxiously awaiting the news!!

    Can't wait to see you next weekend.

    10/05/2007 12:57 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The socks are phenomenal! The baby sweater looks very cozy and soft, and I like the contrasting yarn. After seeing a few of your projects, I am seriously contemplating buying that book!

    10/05/2007 1:17 PM  
    Blogger Kate said...

    The scrappy socks are way cool :) You may have covered it earlier, but what are you doing with all the ends? That is what turns me off striping socks.

    10/05/2007 9:04 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    The scrappy socks are fun and funky!
    The baby sweater is so sweet.

    10/06/2007 4:39 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I do love the scrappy socks. And the baby sweater looks so warm and soft. Glad you're keeping yourself occupied while hubby is away.

    10/06/2007 6:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's really cute! Chenille yarn is pretty and soft but it's a pain to knit.

    10/06/2007 7:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home