Monday, October 01, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Socktoberfest is Here!

    October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen.
    It is the distant hills once more in sight,
    and the enduring constellations above them once again.
    -Hal Borland

    By the way, I finished the scarf. All it needs now is a bath, but it's done.

    Jenn has declared that Socktoberfest will be for finishing up single socks. I think I might join her in finishing up socks I've been already been working on. Ever since that husband went off to Pensacola (harumpf), I find that my driving-while-a-passenger time is practically non-existant. And my sock progress has been reduced concomitantly.

    Merino Lace Socks from the Interweave Favorite Socks book. These are gorgeous. And the dark yarn (Ball and Skein Blueberry) is surprisingly wonderful for these small scale lace patternsLittle Arrowhead Lace Socks
    Scrappy Socks
    Aren't these awesome? They're coming out even better than I'd hoped!

    I'm also about to start Meida's socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks. I picked up some Regia Silk 6-ply in a big Webs sale that would be just perfect.

    It's not as many as Jenn, but then, how could it be?

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:

    Blogger JayJay said...

    The merino lace and arrowhead socks look beautiful, but the scrappy socks definitely steal the limelight. What a beautiful combination of yarns!

    10/01/2007 10:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think Socktober will be all about my single socks as well. I love the way the scrappy socks are coming out!

    10/01/2007 10:19 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    I treasure that passenger side time. Soon, yours will return (and your hubby will too!)
    Very pretty socks! And really, lets look that those numbers again - who's knit more socks?

    10/01/2007 3:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh no- I just realized that the pair of knee highs I recently resurrected is from last year's Socktoberfest! Gah! Thanks for the sock inspiration, as always. I love your scrappy socks! :)

    10/01/2007 5:04 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Sounds like a GREAT Socktoberfest plan to me! I might just have to join you and Jen with that plan.

    That passenger-knitting-time is very valuable to me, too. Hope you make it through the months ahead without DH. Passenger-knitting-time isn't the ONLY reason you miss him, right???

    10/01/2007 6:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for Socktoberfest! Passenger knitting time is a must for me!

    10/01/2007 7:26 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    They all look great! I would get so lost if I had that many going at once.

    10/02/2007 4:15 AM  
    Blogger Emma said...

    So many gorgeous socks. Looks like it will be a busy Socktoberfest!

    10/02/2007 4:47 PM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Happy start of Socktoberfest! There are so many socks I need to knit...

    10/03/2007 2:02 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey! I'm making those Merino Lace Socks too! Pretty, aren't the?

    10/08/2007 12:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home