Wednesday, September 12, 2007

  • Main Page
  • All Tangled Up

    Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive.

    Have you ever wondered what your UFOs are doing behind your back? Now I've discovered their dirty little secret.

    Yup, creating a huge tangled mess for us to deal with. Let's just say that denim yarn is not the easiest thing ever to unwind.

    The upshot? I've starting paying attention again to my Shaped Denim Aran from Debbie Bliss' Celtic Knits. It must be something about fall, since it was right around this time last year that I started it in the first place. It'd be nice to wear in the next couple o' months, but it's a lot of cabling in a stiff cotton yarn. We shall see. I'm certainly not optimistic enough about it to make it my UFO for this month's UFO Resurrection - that honor goes to my Backyard Leaves Scarf.

    Labels: ,

    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those troublesome UFOs! They're probably mad they aren't being worked on so this is their way of getting you back!

    9/12/2007 10:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, I'm glad you were able to find a long lost project, even if it requires some...adjusting. ;)

    9/12/2007 11:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too bad you can't just freeze the denim. I recommended freezing mohair to a friend last week, she thinks I am a genius now. I have no recommendation except patience. Backyard leaves scarf...I almost cast on for that (in orange). I had to stop myself. The startitis is getting ridiculous.

    9/12/2007 12:34 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    I remember winding yarn for you. Is that the correct term? I have no idea.

    But I miss soothing activities. And social events that don't involve massive amounts of stress... wow. And I haven't even finished my first full week back...

    9/13/2007 9:03 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Bad, bad yarn! I do like that color, though, so I hope it learns to behave better so we can see an FO.

    9/14/2007 11:22 AM  
    Blogger Brenda said...

    Such a lovely deep blue color, but what badly behaved yarn! I hope it untangles more easily than it looks, as the pattern is pretty.

    9/14/2007 2:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home