Sunday, August 19, 2007

  • Main Page
  • A Good Mail Day

    The horse knew the route to each house because he had done it so long. What (the mailman) would do, while he was driving, is the horse would just go, and, at every stop, he would read the mail. He would read everybody's mail while he was delivering it.
    -Robert Patterson

    Thursday was a very good mail day.

    The Expected:Because who can resist a KnitPicks sale? I also got Lace Style with it.

    The Unexpected:From my sock pal, Michelle of The Sweet Sheep. She made a lovely - and perfectly fitting - pair of Cookie A's Flicker socks in a Sweet Georgia yarn. (A better photo is here on her blog.) It's like the Gucci of the sock knitting cyberworld. And they're gorgeous, with lovely little extras like yarn and wool wash.

    Three cheers for Sockapalooza!

    Labels: , ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Hmmm - I just put in a Knit Picks order today and I think it looks a lot like yours! I noticed they said it was a trial run and was more muted than they wanted, but I love the soft colors.

    8/19/2007 8:40 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Yarn and knitted goodies are much better than the bills the mailman usually brings me.

    8/20/2007 5:43 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, that looks like some lovely mail! I haven't been checking Knitpicks lately, because I really need to knit up some of the yarn I have before I buy more, especially since we'll be moving soon.

    8/20/2007 1:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What fun yarn mail! Wait, is there any other kind? ;)

    8/20/2007 3:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooh, good mail day indeed. I am a fan of a good mail day with packages and such. Nice haul!

    8/21/2007 7:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very pretty Flickers in that almost solid Sweet Georgia!! What a wonderful package!

    8/21/2007 9:19 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    What BEAUTIFUL socks! I think we bought the same yarn at the Knitpicks sale.

    8/21/2007 4:05 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home