All the reasons I've been following off the the edge of the known blogging-knitting-Ravelry world:
- We're newly-weds. My new favorite response to people who ask me how married life is going: The first month is so good that we're going for another one!
- Work is crazy. I must have been delusional when I thought that residency would be easier than internship. I now have to carry three pagers - mine, the ICU admission pager, and the Code pager. Not only do my scrub pants keep threatening to fall down, but the pagers even go off.
- Knitting has been, er, intermittent.
- I did, however, finish my Sockapalooza socks. But I was on call on send-off day, so I'll be mailing them Monday.
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you live in San Diego people like to visit you. My mom was here last weekend, and my sister-in-law is coming today. She's a knitter who just finished her first sock (a Christmas stocking). How fun!
- I adore the Fall Interweave Knits. I really want to make that Kathy Zimmerman big cabled sweater and cozy up in New England. Since I can't, I'm going to knit tweedy cabled socks for my new Hogwarts Second Year Pal.
- No spoilers - I haven't read HP7 yet.
- I'm slowly-but-surely catching my stride here, so regular blogging will re-commence shortly. Socapalooza, Dish Rag Tag, Project Roundup, Green Gable Progress. It's all coming!