Saturday, August 04, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Random Saturday

    Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty.

    All the reasons I've been following off the the edge of the known blogging-knitting-Ravelry world:
    1. We're newly-weds. My new favorite response to people who ask me how married life is going: The first month is so good that we're going for another one!
    2. Work is crazy. I must have been delusional when I thought that residency would be easier than internship. I now have to carry three pagers - mine, the ICU admission pager, and the Code pager. Not only do my scrub pants keep threatening to fall down, but the pagers even go off.
    3. Knitting has been, er, intermittent.
    4. I did, however, finish my Sockapalooza socks. But I was on call on send-off day, so I'll be mailing them Monday.
    5. It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you live in San Diego people like to visit you. My mom was here last weekend, and my sister-in-law is coming today. She's a knitter who just finished her first sock (a Christmas stocking). How fun!
    6. I adore the Fall Interweave Knits. I really want to make that Kathy Zimmerman big cabled sweater and cozy up in New England. Since I can't, I'm going to knit tweedy cabled socks for my new Hogwarts Second Year Pal.
    7. No spoilers - I haven't read HP7 yet.
    8. I'm slowly-but-surely catching my stride here, so regular blogging will re-commence shortly. Socapalooza, Dish Rag Tag, Project Roundup, Green Gable Progress. It's all coming!

    Labels: , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Pooch said...

    God bless you during this time of transition to residency. You have so much going on with being a newlywed too! So, residency is NOT "all Grey's Anatomy"!! wink! What a relief to those of us who are patients!!

    Hope you have some time and energy for knitting too!

    :)

    8/04/2007 4:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm amazed you even had time to write this post! I know it's been hard for me to find time and I don't even have one pager! You seem to be handling all of it though - must be the newlywed part that helps!

    8/04/2007 5:47 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I have to admit I am also "falling off" on my blogging. I'm sure I don't have nearly as much going on, but with house guests and summer disappearing quickly I can relate.

    8/04/2007 5:57 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    If there's ever a good excuse for not blogging it's that newlywed business (well, and being a doctor too I suppose).

    8/04/2007 6:32 PM  
    Blogger Carole Knits said...

    You've had a whirlwind time of things lately. I'm amazed you find time to blog at all!

    8/05/2007 3:37 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Oh yeah, the Kathy Zimmerman sweater! Though currently in New England it is too hot to even look at it.

    8/05/2007 6:45 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Some days it probably feels like you're just barely keeping your head above water. Hopefully a routine will establish itself before long.

    8/06/2007 7:13 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    Right after we were married, we went to a social gathering of DH's friends. One of them introduced me as DH's "first wife". That was pretty funny!

    I love your rejoinder of going for another month! I can't believe it's been a month already (for you), although I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years for me and DH. I keep thinking, 5 years ago, we were in the throes of wedding planning.

    8/06/2007 9:40 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When asked, we used to tell people that married life was a lot like unmarried life only with better silverware. Of course, we lived together for several years before getting married, and our wedding included a registry (which I'm assuming you will have for your big celebration next year), so I'm not necessarily suggesting that you use that line. I was just sharing.

    Things sound busy -- I hope they're generally happy, though!

    8/06/2007 6:54 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home