Wednesday, July 04, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Baby Bear

    Bears live in all parts of the world except Antarctica, Africa, and Australia.
    -Fun Fact

    Can I get three cheers for being on leave? Hip, Hip, Hooray! The Chuppah is nicely wrapped up in a protective covering and packed - in my carry-on - and we are ready to go. Since we're having just so much fun today, let's look at this delightful pattern I just finished. Because I'm spontaneous. Just ask me.

    Baby Bobbi Bear
    Pattern: Baby Bobbi Bear by Blue Sky Alpacas (Note: This is the pattern that uses worsted weight. The Bobbi Bear pattern uses Bulky.)
    Yarn: As much as I would love to use the delicious yarns called for in the pattern, I used stashed Cotton Ease in Orangeade for the MC and Pineapple for the CC embroidery. I stuffed it with plain ol' fiberfill.
    Needles: US 8 dpns
    Notes: This pattern is just delightful. Fun, easy, and well-designed and intelligent. Plus, it's fast and fun. Do note that it's the finishing details that make the project. Duplicate stitching around the neck was particularly important.
    Best Thing About This Project: It's a bear! It's a toy! It's a stashbuster!

    And now, to go put it into Ravelry. Because looking through other people's projects is the best part. And I'm tired of trying to put all my yarn in!

    Labels:

    11 Comments:

    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Oh wow he is a cute lil devil! My brother as a child would've loved him b/c he was obsessed with bears and the color orange.

    7/04/2007 8:33 AM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    Very cute - and no lace involved! I like that it has enough detail to keep one's attention.

    7/04/2007 9:15 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very cute! Have a great time at the wedding!

    7/04/2007 10:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Catching up here:
    1) Congrats on finishing up your internship!
    2) Loved the vest, very cute.
    3) That quilt was a a really nice surprise gift, what a generous woman, you must have made quite an impression!
    4)I too will have to wait till the oh-so-popular day to see the Chuppah in action, but I am sure it will be worth it.
    5) Cute bear!

    7/04/2007 5:43 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Very CUTE! I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invitation and am beginning to think they never received my request to join. I'm green with envy!

    7/04/2007 5:55 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I knit this bear a few times and honestly, you're probably better off with the yarn you used. I used the yarn they called for and unfortunately, it does not wash well! In fact, it looks very used and old. The cotton, which is so soft, just sort of fell apart. I think you made the right decision with your yarn. :)

    7/04/2007 8:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awww.... so cute!

    7/04/2007 10:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such a cute bear!

    Happy 4th to you!

    7/04/2007 11:24 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, he is too cute! You are really cranking out the baby gifts! I need to follow your example, so I have a nice stockpile read and available.

    7/05/2007 10:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a cute and cheery stashbusting bear.

    Isn't it addictive to look through the Ravelry patterns? I swear my queue doubles in length every time I log on.

    7/05/2007 10:36 AM  
    Blogger Hege said...

    Aawwe, that is so cute! I bet Cotton Ease is a more durable choice for a toy than alpaca. Congrats on the stash buster!

    7/08/2007 9:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home