Monday, June 18, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Cast On Fever

    I've got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.
    -Saturday Night Live skit


    "What about the projects you already started?" - The (affianced) beau asked me yesterday. Little does he know the inevitable response to finishing projects.

    It's a cast on fever:


    In no particular order, above, are a pair of lacy socks in Debbie Bliss Alpaca DK, a Bobbi Bear from Blue Sky Alpacas in orange Cotton Ease, a Backyard Leaves scarf in Knit Picks Merino Style in Asparagus, and a mini-sock keychain.

    Not to mention that it is (finally) the 13th and final month of my internship. We're actually now 2 1/2 weeks into this last rotation (Heme-Onc, for those following), but it's been a busy first couple of weeks. And I'm down to about 3 books still untouched (or dispersed of) in my Book-o'-the-Month Plan, so it was tough to narrow it down. Although there were several patterns in Vintage Knits calling my name, I finally settled on Cynthia from Melissa Leapman's Hot Knits for two reasons - 1) It goes great with a skirt I have and 2) I didn't want to make all my summer knits long-sleeved sweaters.

    Here's the (very) beginning -
    So now I have no shortage of projects sitting around in their little baskets. I wouldn't want to finish all my UFOs at once, would I? That wouldn't be keeping with my UFO Resurrection plan!

    And, coming later this week - a finished Rowena, more thoughts on summer knits, and lots more thoughts on stash. Because something has to be done about this.

    Labels: , ,

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I think I have a touch of that fever myself. Know where I can get some cowbell?

    6/18/2007 7:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Look at you! You finishe the Chuppah and it's like you have a new lease on life? Cataloging of yarn, cast on fever. I love it!

    6/18/2007 9:35 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, good for you! You deserve to be casting on for new projects! Cute top pattern- seems like just the thing you've been looking to make!

    6/18/2007 10:06 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    I have cast-on fever too, and it's not even about my planned summer knits (which are now looking more like next summer knits....) I have a hankering to start multiple lace scarf/shawl projects! Which kind of breaks my personal rule to only have one, since it's concentration-intensive work...

    6/18/2007 11:41 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Oooh, Cynthia is cute! That color will look great on you. I think several new project are in order, now that the massive chuppah is finally finished (you can pass that along to the beau).

    6/18/2007 3:29 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Ha! Your quote comes from one of my favorite SNL skits :-)

    6/18/2007 5:29 PM  
    Blogger Hege said...

    Cynthia is elegant! And that book looks wonderful, with so many great designs. Thanks for drawing my attention to it! (not that I need more books. I have had a similar idea about making something from all the books I have...) :)

    6/18/2007 5:44 PM  
    Blogger Brenda said...

    The Cynthia top is really pretty. Who wouldn't want to cast on with so many beautifully colored yarns in stash?

    But now that I've just ordered yarn for two new projects with rebate money from a bed I bought in February (so that makes it free money!), I think I better go work on a WIP.

    6/18/2007 8:20 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    There are so many great things out there to knit, it's hard to stick to just one at a time.

    6/19/2007 4:50 AM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Cast on fever comes with learning to knit. Doesn't it?

    My. My. Impressive stash. Clearly you need to extend your Project From Each Book. Several decades should do the trick. ;)

    6/19/2007 3:34 PM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    Where does the time go? I can't believe you're almost done. Sheesh. The new projects all look very interesting.

    6/19/2007 8:17 PM  
    Blogger WandaWoman said...

    I really love your idea of knitting a project from each book. I would love to do that, but I think I would get too bogged down in projects on the needles and lose my mind. Cynthia is a beautiful top.

    6/23/2007 11:03 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home