A Re-Sounding Delight
to understand and be understood.
The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
— Ralph Nichols
All your podcast suggestions were a re-sounding delight (pun very intended, thankyouverymuch!). Since I spent a goodly amount of iPod time in the past few weeks trying out new ones, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the ones I tested.
First, the successes:
- Stash and Burn - Talk about talking about knitting . . . and I love the way they measure their stashes.
- It's A Purl Man - I was totally taken from the first time I heard the theme music.
- Sticks and String - I might be fooled by the Australian accent, but it's a good kind of fooled. This is a good time.
- The Knitting Cook - Currently on maternity leave, but plenty of archives to sift through. And should be coming back one of these months.
- Socks in the City - All sock knitting, all the time. I love it.
- The News From Lake Wobegone - How did I miss that this was now a podcast? Glad to have remedied that.
And, in the not-for-me category:
- Lime and Violet - I know this is popular, so I gave it three whole shows before giving up. But it seems like all they do is talk about yarn people sent them. And that laugh! Not for me.