Thursday, May 10, 2007

  • Main Page
  • The Hogwarts Express

    Differences of habit and language are nothing at all
    if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
    -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

    It's arrived. The Hogwarts Express came to my humble muggle home. And while I have not had the time this week to be express-like in blogging about it, I couldn't be more thrilled. My Hogwarts Swap partner was Mikki, and she went above and beyond to send a fabulous package. It's like my questionairre come to life. You can read about all the action in the Hogwarts Sock Swap Official Blog, but the basic gist of it all was to send some socks - themed to the house into which your pal was sorted - and some other goodies. For the Ravenclaws among us, there's a bit of a dilemma - book colors or movie colors? Mikki did both. Don't you love the striping? I think these are Jaywalkers. They sure look like it, and they fit great. Not only that, she made adorable stitch markers from the same yarn. She also sent my first ever skein of Socks That Rock in a gorgeous spring-like colorway - I can hardly wait to get started! And when I do . . . it'll be on my new Lantern Moon sock dpns. How I love me a good set of double-pointed needles. The rest of the goodness you can see for yourself up there. It's just fabulous all around.

    Now to start planning out my package (and, um, knitting the socks). The good news? My pal is also a Ravenclaw. And I have plenty of blues around.

    Labels: , ,

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

    That's a wonderful package!

    5/10/2007 3:03 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Gorgeous colours! New yarn to try is always a great surprise.

    5/10/2007 3:05 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Wow what awesome swag!! What a blast to get that in the mail...

    5/10/2007 6:34 PM  
    Blogger Mikki said...

    I'm glad you like it. It was fun to knit for someone else.

    5/10/2007 7:49 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yum. I felt up some of those Lantern Moon needles at the shop tonight, and they feel really nice.

    5/10/2007 8:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a nice package to receive in the mail!

    5/10/2007 9:08 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I love the way your pal used contrasting yarn on the cuff, heels and toes.

    5/11/2007 6:27 AM  
    Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

    Yay! The socks and the rest of the package is great! : )

    5/11/2007 8:49 AM  
    Blogger Sandy said...

    Wow! What a great package! And very generous too! Enjoy your beautiful socks!!
    :)

    5/11/2007 3:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have yet to try Socks that Rock -- I'm jealous. What a great package!

    I wish I'd done this swap and declared myself a Slytherin. Just to see what my pal would have done. (There have to be a few people that said they were Slytherins, though, right?)

    5/13/2007 6:46 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home