Some random truths he can impart, --
The harvest of a quiet eye
That broods and sleeps on his own heart.
Welcome to Random Saturday! (Seals on the beach in La Jolla)
- First off, if I owe you an email (and if you're reading my blog, I probably owe you an email), it's coming. It's been a crazy four or so days at work, so hang tight.
- Alas, no knitting photos. See #1 above.
- Rowena is 80% done? Inquiring minds want to know. Yes, indeed. Maybe even more at this stage. I realize it's just been off the blog radar, but it's kind of incredible how all that stockinette just seems to knit itself. Posts coming soon about the joy of ruffles and also changes I made to the decreases.
- Ribby Cardi - Bonne Marie emailed me some helpful hints, one of which was that I had an older version of the pattern and that the new version has a deeper raglan. As a bonus, she sent me a copy of the new version of the pattern. I owe her an email, too (of course), but I'm very impressed with her diligence and unsolicited (but very welcome) pattern support.
- This is good because I'm now dying to make Ariann. Have you seen Cara's version?
- And about starting Ariann, should I make it in Cotton Ease or Cascade 220? I have some lovely (old-style) blue Cotton Ease in the stash, and it might be lovely for San Diego. But I think I may have enough Red Cascade 220 in the stash. Decisions, decisions.
- The Chuppah border is coming along swimmingly. We had a day of lectures on Navy-specific medical stuff, which was a solid five hours of knitting (before we had to run our Physical Readiness Test . . . only in the Navy). I'm now half-way down one side, and there is an anticipated 50-60 hours of knitting on it left. Should be done by early June for an early July wedding. And looking lovely, I might add.
- And I did get a Webs order the other day. I'm thinking Regia Silk for my Hogwarts Swap Partner. There was a sale, after all.