They're upstairs in my socks.
The Clear Winner With 15 Votes:
- Trekking, Trekking, Trekking
Second Place With 6 Votes:
Third Place(s) With 2-6 Votes:
- Socks That Rock
- Online Supersocke
- Austermann Step
And with one vote each:
- Louet Opal
- Louet Gems
- Cherry Tree Hill
- Lana Grossa Boseo
- Real Vermonter from A Piece of Vermont
- Meilenheit (and Boot Stretch!)
- "DK or larger"
- Sundara Semisolids
- Knitpicks Gloss
- Paton's Kroy
- Fearless Fibers (great yardage!)
- Lisa Souza sock yarn (450 yards!)
- Regia Tweed
- Schaefer Anne
- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
- Fortissima Socka
Most Commonly Mentioned:
- "just plain rib"
- "plain vanilla"
- "nice wide rib"
- stockinette stitch
- "anything simple ribbing"
- "good old traditional top down, heel flap"
Actual Patterns Mentioned More Than Once:
- Retro Rib from Favorite Socks
- Thuja from Knitty
- Boyfriend Socks by Slipped Stitch
- Gentleman's Fancy Stockings (made here for my dad)
- Father-Son Socks from IK Fall 2006
- Simple Trekking Socks by Miriam Felton (PDF here)
- Jaywalkers by Grumperina
- Campfire Socks by Cidermoon
- Celtic Braid Socks
- Gentleman's Plain Winter Socks (made here for the beau!)
- Gentlemen's Half Hose from Knitting Vintage Socks
- Conway from Knitting on the Road
- Chalet Socks from Folk Socks
- Madder Rib Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks
- Donna - She was the first to suggest the pattern I chose to knit first (shhh . . . it's a surprise!)
- Stuntmother - Because she just listed so many nice socks and yarn. Plus she's been making beautiful socks lately. Go visit Two Sharp Sticks.
Congratulations to all - now we have a great list of manly socks to knit! And the winners should email me their addresses to collect their prizes. And for the rest of you, stay tuned to see what the beau is getting next.