Saturday, March 31, 2007

  • Main Page
  • I'm A Winner

    When you are in any contest, you should work as if there were
    - to the very last minute -
    a chance to lose it. This is battle, this is politics, this is anything.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower


    Boy, oh, boy. Or is it "man, oh, man?" You guys have lots of great suggestions for manly socks. And even better than the yarns are the patterns. It's taking me longer to put together than I thought (everything is this month - that's what being on call every third night will do to you). While we're (still) waiting, let me show you what I won: Kristen of Audioknits had a little contest, and I was lucky enough to win. She personalized the package for me by sending some Autocrat Coffee Syrup for The Official State Drink of Rhode Island. I assure you that if you ever see this in someone's pantry they must be from RI. You can't get it anywhere else, and yet it used to be in the dining hall in college. Great stuff. And marrying my love for RI and the lovely San Diego weather, she was kind enough to help me broaden my cotton collection with a gorgeous yarn from Fiesta Yarns, a ribbon in a gorgeous blue-purple mix. Not sure exactly what I'll make yet, but I've been wanting to try some ribbon yarns, and this one is gorgeous.

    Labels: ,

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Joan said...

    I made the Shape-It Scarf from Sally Melville's Book 1 with my Fiesta ribbon

    4/01/2007 4:21 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Pretty color! I've never used ribbon yarn either. Congrats on winning.

    4/01/2007 5:32 AM  
    Blogger Monika said...

    The ribbon yarn looks lovely, such a nice blue. What do you do withthe coffee syrup? Is it to sweeten the coffee or other drinks?In any case, I can see you are excited about it, enjoy! ;o)

    4/01/2007 5:33 AM  
    Blogger Kristy said...

    That looks like a good drink! Maybe New Jersey should take up the tradition :)

    4/01/2007 7:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't like iced coffee, but can testify that coffee milk is the best!

    4/01/2007 7:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for winning contests!

    4/01/2007 10:44 AM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    I feel like such an imposter, I never heard of this coffee syrup! Which dining hall was it in!?

    4/01/2007 11:50 AM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Wooooooooooo! Coffee milk! I haven't had that since I was a kid! Yum!!!

    4/01/2007 1:32 PM  
    Blogger Toasty Joe said...

    Meg...don't know if you're still reading these comments, but are you by any chance attending Kristen Lonergan's wedding later this month?

    4/01/2007 1:37 PM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I meant to post the above under my own blogger account...

    4/01/2007 1:40 PM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Guess what? I have coffee syrup in my pantry - and yes, I'm from R.I. Well, kinda - I was born in Missouri (hence the Missouri Star), but as you know, spent a great deal of time in R.I. Whenever someone comes out from there, I have them bring me some syrup.
    dswaite@mac.com

    4/02/2007 6:38 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    We have some coffee syrup! That yarn is pretty, love the color.

    4/02/2007 12:57 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home