Tuesday, March 20, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Learning the Hard Way

    What the caterpiller calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
    -Richard Bach

    The alternate title to this post should be, "Or, Why You Should Always Read the Pattern Through Before Starting." In this case, a picture is worth a thousand words. Remember how I started this baby sweater, all full of hope and joy and sweetness and light? Remember how I blithely commented that I just grabbed the yarn and needles and got started, paying no attention to what was to come? I should have. See all those yarn ends? It was getting depressing carrying around a mess that looked like that, so I took some time out in the middle to seam up the sides and the sleeves. This way I am that much closer to finishing the whole thing. When the knitting's done, so will I be. I'm close. And there's no zipper - just a single button looming!

    Labels: ,

    12 Comments:

    Blogger knitzalot said...

    That sweater looks adorable. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    3/20/2007 1:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yuck, I hate the hangy yarns. I decided to make a concerted effort to start weaving those things in as I go from now on...we'll see how that goes. Such a cute knit, and I love the color!

    3/20/2007 5:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the color too, it will be really nice when completed; but, I've got to say, I am not so much a fan of seaming and that first shot has some nightmarish qualities to it...in a cute way!

    3/20/2007 5:19 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    It looks very cute! I love the wee baby things - too bad they don't stay wee for very long.

    3/20/2007 6:49 PM  
    Blogger Leah said...

    So cute! I love the color!

    3/20/2007 8:33 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that color! That's going to be a fantastic gift.

    3/20/2007 10:23 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Yeah, I would have had to sew it up too. It's adorable!

    3/21/2007 6:55 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So very very cute!

    3/21/2007 7:35 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The sweater is turning out so cute! What a lucky baby!

    3/21/2007 12:55 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Not sooo hard when the sweater is turning out so cute! I love how cheerful the color is -- not one I'd think to choose, but maybe now that'll change ;-)

    3/22/2007 1:13 PM  
    Blogger Alisha said...

    I love the colour. That is going to be one cute sweater!!!

    3/27/2007 3:12 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I love this sweater! And I'm with you on the weaving ends in--see my blog on those--I still can't finish baby surprise jacket because of them! :)

    6/26/2007 10:32 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home