Wednesday, March 14, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Socks on the Town

    California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange.
    -Fred Allen

    Continuing along our theme, here's one of the best things about living in San Diego: These are no just any two pairs of socks. Oh, no. This is a meeting of two socks never before seen on their respective blogs. Nova, everyone's favorite Archivist on the Edge, was visiting San Diego. (It turns out that people love to visit San Diego.) And we realized that our new socks just really needed to meet. The socks wanted to go yarn shopping, but the nearest yarn shop was tragically closed on a Monday. So they settled for ice cream. Isn't it fun that other people take their socks out to ice cream, too?

    The sock that looks much further along is Nova's Trekking travel sock. Mine is a feather and fan sock in KnitPicks Sock Memories. So far, I'm loving the spring-like colors, but witholding judgement on the yarn itself. We shall see . . .

    But not tonight. I came home post-call, stayed awake for, oh, about an hour before deciding I needed a 2 hour nap. And now I just woke up, 7 hours later, just in time to go back to bed. I was going to knit this afternoon . . . but no luck. You will have to hold your breaths for the scintillating tales of Rowena's ruffles, my lifelong struggles with zippers, and all other knitting news. Apparently I need 14 hours of sleep today.

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is just the most beautiful photo ever! If you didn't slap it on your desktop I'd be surprised (especially since I'm contemplating doing it to mine). Lovely colors and now I just want to knit faster so I can have more socks. :o)

    3/15/2007 4:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lucky you -- ice cream and socks and Nova and a 7-hour nap! I only recently discovered Nova's blog and I don't know how I missed her all these months. I count on you to keep me up on all the top bloggers.

    3/15/2007 5:08 AM  
    Blogger Janet said...

    on Tuesday, I accidentally took a 5 hour nap... and when I woke up, all I could think was, "geez, that really cut into my knitting time" - glad I'm not alone!

    The socks look lovely!!

    3/15/2007 6:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The time change has been hard for me, too. Of course, I'm not a resident! Nice pictures. It may be a sign that I knit too much when I can look at pictures like that and recognize the yarn without reading the entry!

    3/15/2007 6:19 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    Spring? In San Diego? THIS is prime Mid-Atlantic spring weather, my friend. You haven't been totally Californized yet, have you? You know none of us will stand for that.

    (Also, saw mom and spoke to sister (yours, not mine) yesterday and wedding plans proceed apace. Sister is fully behind color scheme, was even envisioning exact same bridesmaid bouquets as I was. So simpatico)

    3/15/2007 7:00 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    Your socks look like they're having fun relaxing. =)

    3/15/2007 11:55 AM  
    Blogger Leah said...

    Hey, my socks want ice cream too!

    3/15/2007 12:23 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad they had a fun playdate!

    3/15/2007 3:19 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I agree, the colors of the Sock Memories looks great. You'll have to tell us how they wear!

    I've had the same problem with my knitting. I've been too exhausted to do as much as I'd like. Thank goodness spring break is around the corner (last week in March)!

    3/15/2007 4:45 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Yeah, don't get me wrong or anything - I'm a total KP Ho - but it's going to be a while before I try more KP sock yarn. I've only used Essentials but I felt pretty "meuh" about the experience. The *do* have nice colorways... I'll be interested to see what you think. I'd go for any sock yarn you recommended, Miss I-Knit-100-Pairs-of-Socks.

    3/15/2007 8:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home