Thursday, March 22, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Wee Tiny

    Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness.
    Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.
    -Scott Adams

    You may have seen undercurrents of the hottest new trend in knitting blogland - the Wee Tiny Swap. In between blogging about her adventures in knitting over at Yarn Miracle, Emily came up with a perfectly brilliant idea. No questionaires. No months and months of delay. No large purchases or extravagant packages. No, this was a swap that could fit into an envelope. It cost a postage stamp. It used leftover sock yarn. And how fun it was! I was lucky enough to get a Wee Tiny Sock in the mail from PJB Knit Paula (there is a much much beter photo on her blog here; she apparently had some daylight recently). Even though my photo is poor, you can see it in it's new natural habitat, which is the bulletin board that lives above my desk. Just too cute!

    Below you can see the Wee Tiny Sock I sent to a blogless swappee in Ohio. The leftover yarn details have been lost to the mysteries of time, but I do remember making a pair of socks for one of best friends, probably about 5 or 6 years ago. So, who's going to have the next Wee Tiny Swap? This one was too fun!

    Labels: ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Janet said...

    wow, those are some mighty cute tiny socks! what a good idea for using up leftover sock yarn!

    3/22/2007 6:31 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I think I recognize the purple from a pair of socks you made me...they were purple and green.

    3/22/2007 6:42 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I've been noticing knitters talk about finishing their wee tiny sock but never put the pieces together that it was for a swap. What a fun idea! I just thought everyone was knitting for a wee tiny babe!

    3/22/2007 6:49 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    So tiny; so cute!

    3/22/2007 6:50 AM  
    Blogger Sus said...

    All together now, "Awwwww!" Those socks are toooo cute!! How incredibly fun!

    3/22/2007 6:55 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I, like Rebecca, had not caught on too the wee tiny crazy that was happening and kept wondering why all these knitter were knitting the wee tinies, know I have been informed. That sounded like a fun swap, and I love the wee tinies!

    3/22/2007 7:25 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh so wee! That little tiny is the kind of thing that makes even the worst day a little brighter (what is it with small things that just induces happiness?). I wish I'd caught on to the wee tiny swap. If someone does another one, I'm game!

    3/22/2007 7:31 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    I hadn't noticed it in your buttons. It would have been cool to swap with someone I "know" through a blog already. But it was fun finding more blogs through the swap, too!

    3/22/2007 11:02 AM  
    Blogger Alisha said...

    Great little socks!!! I used up some leftovers this way a few weeks back. There was some concern as too who the baby socks daddy was but boy they turn out cute LOL

    I didn't even realize there was a wee swap going on...great idea. I plan on sending my wee pair to an expectent friend and the fact that I can just send them in an envelope was one of the reasons I did them.

    3/27/2007 3:10 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home