Sunday, April 08, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Hogwarts

    I do love knitting patterns.
    -Albus Dumbledore

    Have you seen the fun that Rebecca is running? A Harry Potter Sock Swap, all in anticipation of the 7th book coming out in July. It seems like great fun - and there's lots of action over at The Official Knitalong Blog.

    Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

    1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

    Ravenclaw - at first I thought it was boring, but lots of knitters seem to be there!
    1. Shoe size?
    US 7, Eur 37
    1. Foot Length?
    9 1/4"

    1. Foot Circumference?

    9"

    1. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length:

        a. Brittany Birch, 5", US 1-3

        b. Crystal Palace bamboo, 6", US 1,2

        c. Some 5" bamboo US 1s I picked up in Texas at Jenn's yarn store; forget the name

    1. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
    I'd love to try the Lantern Moon ones in a good sock size (US 1s or 2s)
    1. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?

    I never noticed they were different.


    1. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?

    That would be great!

    I think there's still time to sign up - head on over and join in!

    Labels: ,

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Theresa!
    I am your Hogwarts Pal and I'm so excited about this swap. What a teeny foot you have! I've enjoyed looking through your blog today :-)
    Professor M. McGonagall

    4/08/2007 3:28 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Sounds fun! If only I knew how to knit socks. (I'm learning, but I don't think it's wise to torture a pal with my first attempts). I look forward to seeing what everyone makes!

    4/09/2007 10:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This looks like a lot of fun, a great way to spend time knitting in anticipation of the last book. I will have to live vicariously through you and others who can knit socks much faster than I!

    4/09/2007 11:16 AM  
    Blogger Abigail said...

    Yeah! Another Ravenclaw!
    I am in very good company!

    4/09/2007 6:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What fun! Too bad I'm afraid of knitting socks for others - too afraid they won't fit...

    4/09/2007 9:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home