Saturday, April 07, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Yarn!

    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    -Vince Lombardi

    It's been a bad week for knitting, as you heard, but a great week for yarn. I believe I mentioned last Friday that I took off and did a little celebratory stash enhancement in honor of my last ICU call. Since then, I've also been the lucky winner of not one but two blog contests. First up, I won Chrissy's contest and won this adorable hand-sewn bag with a drawstring - perfect for carrying around a sock project on the go! And you know what my sewing skills are like . . . Then I got lucky again and won Beth's Blogiversary contest and won this gorgeous yarn in colors that are very "me." She also included some wonderful chocolates with a history. Not only are they yummy, but there's an insert full of details about historical Jackson. Did she know that I'd recently crossed Mississippi off my list of states I've visited (49!) by passing through Jackson on my way to San Diego?

    Thanks, ladies! The best part of both of these is having found blogs that are relatively new to me. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

    And as far as my own stash enhancement goes . . . Koigu in manly sock colors. Gray mix and eggplant. More sock yarn - Lang JaWoll in manly blues and Sockotta (perfect for TheNewCaliforniaLifestyle!) in non-manly colors. And non-sock yarn. Who could resist these colors?

    Labels: , ,

    13 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Excellent stash enhancement! I recently picked up some very similar Koigu, but mine may be more taupe than gray.

    Winning contests is an excellent mode of augmenting the stash, and you seem to have it down to a science. Have any secrets to share?

    4/07/2007 9:50 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful new yarn!! I've been on a contest winning spree too - FUN!!

    4/07/2007 10:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, I love that eggplant koigu. Ah stash enhancement... can't do that for months (or at least until i have something to celebrate?)

    congrats on all the winning (and on finishing ICU!)

    4/07/2007 11:02 AM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Cute bag! And it comes just in time for all that sock yarn.

    4/07/2007 11:42 AM  
    Blogger Aura said...

    Oh wow--how lucky are you? Three contests already this month, and April's only a week old!

    Gorgeous prizes and gorgeous new stash! I'm going to have to hunt for some similar Koigu.

    4/07/2007 1:54 PM  
    Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

    Now that's my kind of celebration! I'm with you on the DB colors... very hard to resist :)

    4/07/2007 3:46 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Excellent stash enhancement - the beau is certainly spoiled if he's getting Koigu!

    4/07/2007 4:08 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats again! And per common confusion, MI isn't Mississippi ;) It really is a common mistake though, Jackson, Michigan isn't quite as well known as it's Mississippi nameshare.

    4/07/2007 7:44 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the Koigu!! I think I aquired a very similar shade of Koigu (eggplant) in Encinitas a few weeks ago. Your manly socks will be oh-so-stylish!

    4/07/2007 9:21 PM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I'm so envious of that green Debbie Bliss. Exactly the color I want to paint my living room.

    4/08/2007 6:49 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Great yarn--all of it! New yarn in the stash inspires creativity.

    4/09/2007 7:30 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, those are some lovely yarns and a really cute project bag! I love Debbie Bliss colors, too. I bought enough in a rich teal to make myself a sweater, in a heated yarn sale rush. So it looks as if the beau is getting some more wonderful handknit socks! (I noticed the chocolates didn't make the photo, so they must have been tasty!) :)

    4/09/2007 10:42 AM  
    Blogger Violiknit said...

    Congrats on the contest winnings and your stash enhancements! I'm especially loving that Koigu...

    4/11/2007 8:45 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home