Thursday, April 26, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Big Foot

    It's not about retro or modern.
    It's about this note or that note, which sounds better?
    -Dan Hicks


    While most of my plane-car-and-other vacation knitting was occupied by the Chuppah, I did have a chance to knit a little on the Retro Ribs for my bethrothed. It's a truely lovely pattern, as so many of you had recommended. Easy to knit, but still interesting. Fun. And even though it's shown in a solid-color on the samples, it's really showing off the varigated Koigu very well.

    So far the only modification I've had to make is that I did have to add an extra repeat (8 stitches) to accomodate the large feet of a certain someone. The pattern claims that there is much stretchiness within it, and there is, but not quite enough to make a men's large.

    In other news, I'm still working on sorting out the sizing thing for Ribby Cardi. But in the meantime, is anyone out there a size 34"-36" and under 5'2" and want a (ever so slightly) fulled Ribby Cardi? Yours for the asking; just email me.

    Labels: ,

    14 Comments:

    Blogger Elinor said...

    Isn't it a shame that we can't love men with size 5 women's feet??? Good luck with the manly knitting. That Koigu looks great in RR pattern!

    4/26/2007 6:06 AM  
    Blogger Liz K. said...

    Koigu socks for your beau. That's love!

    4/26/2007 6:26 AM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    Nice, handsome socks! My next pair are going to be man-socks, so I have your list of patterns at the ready.

    Another yarn for your manly sock list: Dream In Color sock yarn. I just got some from Kris at Sonny and Shear. It's nearly solid, so should work for guys, without having all sorts of girly stripes.

    And I haven't been 5'2" since about 6th grade.

    4/26/2007 10:09 AM  
    Blogger affectioknit2 said...

    Wow,

    Have you knit 2 ribby cardis? I like your blog.

    Thanks,

    Teresa

    4/26/2007 11:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How nice of you to pass along the cardi love. I like the look of that sock, I think the Betrothed will like it too!

    4/26/2007 12:04 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Re: The Ribbi Cardi: I vote for lying gauge. And the inability to measure.

    Cool manly socks!

    4/26/2007 2:55 PM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    Retro rib is a great pattern!

    Wow! The Chuppah is 70% complete?!?! Way to go!

    4/26/2007 3:04 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Oh, the socks are looking great! Poor hubby gets no knits from me. Everything he wants is just too darn big! (he insists he has plenty of hat and scarves)

    4/26/2007 4:15 PM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    I'm working on the same socks, for myself though, not for the husband. It is a curiously engaging pattern isn't it!

    4/26/2007 5:37 PM  
    Blogger Alisha said...

    Great looking socks!!

    4/26/2007 6:35 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    The Koigu socks look lovely - and you're 80% done with Rowena? We need to see!!!!!

    4/26/2007 8:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I'm under 5'2". Don't know what size I am, but you could estimate. However, I have fairly broad shoulders, which could be a problem. You tell me.

    4/27/2007 6:21 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I have a pair of Retro Ribs. I remember a lot of Ktbl, which really isn't my favorite, but I love the look.

    4/27/2007 6:32 AM  
    Blogger Violiknit said...

    Nice socks - the color is really beautiful and works so well with that pattern!

    4/29/2007 9:59 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home