Thursday, April 12, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Flash My Stash

    I love the way it feels; part cloak, part fan, part mane, part security blanket.
    -Marge Piercy


    I'll have lots to share about the wonderful yarn stores in Madison when I get back to San Diego and upload my photos. In the meantime . . .

    I hear rumors that April 1st is was the Flash My Stash day. I missed it. I think I was on call (and, yep, that's pretty much my excuse for everything - especially since it's usually true). Rather than putting us all through the embarrassing experience of looking at just how much yarn I have lying around . . . I want to focus on one little area of the stash: My sock yarn leftovers. The reason I'm thinking of this? Have you seen Shelley's blanket? Think I have enough yarn? Not for exactly that, but something . . .

    Labels:

    8 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been making a leftover sock yarn mitered square blankie for a while now. It's about baby blanket size, and weighs 15 oz. Does that help you know if you have enough yarn? Warning -- this project is seriously addictive. Seriously!

    Meg in North AL

    4/14/2007 4:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have a large amount of sock yarn remnants...and really, you will probably accumulate more as you knit up what you have into something...go for it!

    4/14/2007 7:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The nice thing about blankets like that is you can start them and then they can just keep going and going and going

    4/14/2007 7:45 PM  
    Blogger Wendee said...

    Guess I missed "flash your stash day" too. No matter - I'd be a bit embarrassed about all my WIPs - which would come with the territory of my stash. But hey - I work in a yarn store - that must count for something - like knitting deficit disorder... So many times a customer brings in something new and interesting I haven't seen (or haven't seen in person) I can't resist!

    That blanket link is so inspiring - I'd say go for it and add along as you need to.

    Thanks for the comment on my knittlesticks blog - I've certainly been enjoying yours and I love your quotes! Thanks for sharing!

    4/14/2007 9:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It seems a lot of knitters are finding creative ways to use up their sock yarn lately. I wonder what you are planning!

    4/15/2007 4:01 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    You have enough to come up with something creative. Go for it!

    4/15/2007 5:42 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I totally have a blanket like that in mind for the time when I have accumulated enough sock yarn leftovers (I've come to terms with the fact that this will in fact happen). As others have said, even if you don't have enough now, you're sure to have enough eventually, so why wait to dive in! (Aside from the chuppah, of course.)

    4/15/2007 1:09 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    How pretty! I would probably make a baby-related gift out of those lovely sock yarns, but I also have a never-ending list of babies that need gifts (my friends are certainly doing their part to continue the human race).

    4/16/2007 10:50 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home