Friday, April 20, 2007

  • Main Page
  • The Border

    There is no remedy for love but to love more.
    -Henry David Thoreau

    This is the photo you've all been waiting for. (Even if it's a bad night photo.)Meet the border of the Chuppah. It's perfect. Just perfect. I know I can't show you too much yet (or how much work it takes to get it all set up and pick up all 220 stitches from the provisional cast-on), but rest assured that it is the absolute perfect complement to the center pattern. The perfect width (8 inches), the perfect bordering, the perfect diamond-ness, the perfect scale, the perfect edge. Want a close-up? Of course you do. Want more details? It's one of the borders from the wide border chapter from Victorian Lace Today. I'm blanking on the name. It's the prettiest one, though, rest assured.

    You may remember when I was trying to come up with my own set of border patterns for the Chuppah . . . and they were all just not exactly right. Then I saw this book. And the rest, as they say, is history. Or history in the making, at least.

    Labels:

    19 Comments:

    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Hi, it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see it all blocked out.

    4/20/2007 8:02 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Looks great! I noticed a knitted chuppah in the summer interweave preview - perhaps you're ahead of the trend!

    4/20/2007 8:05 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW! It's going to be exquisite. Can wait to see it in action.

    4/20/2007 8:06 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    This wedding can't come soon enough for me! Would love to the chuppah all knitted, blocked and set up!

    4/20/2007 8:48 PM  
    Blogger Lori said...

    Wow, it looks wonderful - the border you've picked is perfect.

    4/20/2007 9:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, yes, it looks perfect! Victorian Lace Today is inspiring.

    4/21/2007 12:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is looking just gorgeous!

    4/21/2007 5:11 AM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    77 days to go! Looking great!

    4/21/2007 7:22 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    A true labor of love. It's beautiful.

    4/21/2007 7:24 AM  
    Blogger Liz said...

    Gorgeous!

    4/21/2007 3:13 PM  
    Blogger Janet said...

    absolutely beautiful already! can't wait to see the finished product!!

    4/21/2007 4:57 PM  
    Blogger Jennifer said...

    Hello there! You must be Mum's "navy doctor" friend I've heard so much about. I'm so glad you stopped by my site- I'd been meaning to visit yours, but I've been so busy it just hasn't happened yet :-)

    The chuppah is gorgeous... I wish I could knit lace like that! Maybe someday!

    4/21/2007 5:16 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's beautiful. That chuppah will me a masterpiece when all is said and done.

    4/21/2007 9:51 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Oh Theresa, it is just the right border. I love wide lace borders!

    4/21/2007 11:29 PM  
    Blogger Susan said...

    Fantastic! You are an inspiration as always!

    4/22/2007 7:18 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    That border is indeed perfect. The whole thing is just beautiful! Thanks for the update photo, I'd been wondering how it was going!

    4/23/2007 12:36 AM  
    Blogger Meg said...

    woohoo! you're on border patrol!

    4/23/2007 12:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh wow, it looks great! And at the border! I can't wait to see the Chuppah all done.

    4/23/2007 2:03 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I have to agree, that border looks gorgeous! I'm sure the recipient will be overwhelmed with joy when she see it!

    4/24/2007 9:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home