Friday, May 04, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Also Off the Radar

    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
    -Margaret Atwood


    I'm frankly not quite sure what I've been blogging about. It seems that so much of my knitting has been off the radar. Do you recognize these socks? They made a brief appearance when we met Nova, but other than that, they seem to have sprung from my purse fully formed. Feather and Fan Socks
    Pattern: Feather and Fan Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks! by XRX
    Yarn: KnitPicks Memories in . . . something. Gardenia, maybe?
    Needles: Brittany Birch US2 dpns
    Notes: Not a single change. This is quite the perfect pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: Spring. And the way this pattern is just delightful for very varigated yarn.

    Labels:

    9 Comments:

    Blogger WandaWoman said...

    Those socks are very pretty and it sounds like a good pattern. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll have to check that book out again.

    5/04/2007 1:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love the colorway! They look fantastic.

    5/04/2007 1:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's neat when the socks just kinda show up like that isn't it?

    I would thank you for the thank you card, but I suspect that may drive out a downward spiral of never ending thank yous ;)

    5/04/2007 2:23 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Perhaps it is the magic of spring, how all these things keep appearing, in a finished or nearly finished state? I wish more of that would happen around here....
    The socks are lovely!

    5/04/2007 3:03 PM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    I've got to try that trick ;-)

    5/04/2007 3:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great quote! I love the socks and the photo - quite beautiful!

    5/04/2007 5:19 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I like the way the yarn looks in these socks. Great work!

    5/05/2007 6:35 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Oooh, very pretty! I wish socks would spring from my handbag, rather than lint and the occasional breath mint. ;)

    5/06/2007 3:28 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Hey Theresa,
    I remember laughing at you when you declared to the knitting group that you always keep a sock in your purse. I am sorry. I have a sock in my purse now too. ;-) Your socks look great, by the way.

    5/07/2007 6:01 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home