Tuesday, May 08, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Sleeve Island

    How I wish that somewhere there existed an island
    for those who are wise and of good will.
    -Albert Einstein


    I don't often get to take a trip to the lovely scenic destination commonly known as sleeve island. But occasionally, it happens. I was, at one point, zipping along on this baby sweater. For bonus points, I even did the button band and collar (can't you see the vision of delightful contrasty-ness?). And then I did the worst of all possible things - I thought I'd be clever. I thought I didn't want to seem chenille. (I'd already converted the body into a single piece.) I thought I'd pick up and knit down, changing the increases to decreases and knitting it all in the round. It seemed to make so much sense at the time. . . .

    But, boy, it sure is annoying to have the whole sweater dangling off your dpns! And thus, my trip to sleeve island began. Because after this first one? There's a whole second armhole just waiting.

    Labels: ,

    11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, but it's so adorable! (Sorry for lurking w/o posting for so long... the Chuppah looks amazing!).

    5/08/2007 7:10 AM  
    Blogger shelly d said...

    go girl go....It will be soooo cute and you will be so proud.

    5/08/2007 7:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But it would be so much worse if it was an adult sweater, right? You need to finishe this so you can get back to the Chuppah and socks...and the ribby cardi and...well, everything else. Knit, knit, knit!

    5/08/2007 7:33 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    It really is turning out cute! I can understand your irritation, but imagine how great it will be to bind off and be done? (after the second one, that is)

    5/08/2007 10:54 AM  
    Blogger Lorette said...

    It is adorable! Just make yourself a rum drink with a little umbrella, and enjoy the island while you're there!

    5/08/2007 11:29 AM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    I have been a castaway on sleeve island on more than one occasion...I always feel cheated somehow as I'm never expecting the sleeve to take as long as it actually does!

    5/08/2007 4:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Darn those sleeves! But, it's so cute! I love the contrastiness!

    5/08/2007 5:58 PM  
    Blogger Susan said...

    Sleeve Island - oh the memories - the little grass shack - the blasted second sleeve.

    But the contrasty-ness is delightgul.

    5/08/2007 8:49 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very Cute! Is this the little Cardi pattern from Knitty?

    5/09/2007 6:35 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    The sweater is really cute. Hopefully your visit to sleeve island will be a short one.

    5/10/2007 7:55 AM  
    Blogger Kat said...

    I think this is part of my problem with Sam. But with Sam, not only is the entire sweater hanging off my DPN's, I don't like DPN's, and I have to cable! Maybe if you finish yours I will be able to convince myself to finish mine!

    5/10/2007 12:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home