More Thoughts on Summer Knits
to me these have always been
the two most beautiful words in the English language.
Let's ponder some more the paradox of summer knits. Some of us were discussing this at knitting group last week. And we came up with some discussion points:
- Who hasn't seen adorable summer knits? (Or Sknitty's list here)
- Who isn't drawn to the concept of a top that doesn't take three months (or more) to knit?
- Who doesn't envision some kind of alternate universe where they are dancing around in cute skirts and adorable tops and don't have to go to work?
- When it is hot enough to wear sleeveless, isn't it really too hot to wear worsted weight, or - worse - bulky?
- Why do so many of these adorable and even lightweight tanks have lace all over, thus (in my world, at least) necessitating a camisole underneath? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a summery little top?
- What do the sleeves of short sleeve sweaters really do for anyone? Anything good?
While waiting with baited breath for your thoughts, here's a much better photo of the Rice Stitch Sweater in progress: I think this has great potential as a summer knit given that it is lightweight, 3/4 length sleeves, and a perfectly summery shade of blue. But time will tell.