Monday, June 25, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Stealth Project

    Snips and snails,
    And puppy dog tails,
    That's what little boys are made of.
    -Poem, author unknown

    Ever have a project that just takes you by surprise? Like all of a sudden it's seemed to have knit itself?Meet the Textured Stripe Vest from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. It's not quite done - it needs two buttons on the left shoulder. (That's for effect, btw. The edgings make it so that it doesn't actually open.) I got home from a BBQ Saturday night and cast on - on a whim. I had 4 balls of Debbie Bliss Stonewashed Denim Aran that I thought would work, with a basic and minor gauge adjustment. I wondered if my 68m x 4 balls would be enough. Turns out it only took 2 balls to make the 12 month size. I had a whole yard left over. Guess it wasn't quite the stashbuster I was looking for, but boy was it fast!

    Off to find some buttons and move this into the FO pile . . .

    Labels:

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Adrienne said...

    That is SO cute!!!!!!

    6/25/2007 9:09 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Sugar and spice, and everything nice...that's what LITTLE GIRLS are made of!

    Very cute vest! No doubt the little guy will look awfully cute in his new sweater.

    BTW...I'm loving WordPress!

    6/25/2007 10:56 AM  
    Blogger alligator said...

    Baby knits are so great! Fast, cute and rewarding. Your little vest is adorable!

    6/25/2007 11:51 AM  
    Blogger jenfromRI said...

    That is super cute. I wish I had projects that went so fast they seemed to knit themselves, but it hasn't quite happened for me yet.

    6/25/2007 3:45 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now that is CUTE! Don't you hate it when you think you're going to use more yarn but end up with a whole bunch left over? Maybe you can make two of 'em...one as a back up for when the other is in the wash, LOL.

    6/25/2007 6:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute! And it looks soft, too!

    6/25/2007 9:01 PM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    Love that vest! I also finished a project (surprisingly!) that didn't get a chance to hit the blog before it was done!

    6/26/2007 9:29 AM  
    Blogger TeresaB said...

    Makes me wish I knew someone with a little boy to knit one for. That's just adorable!

    6/26/2007 3:44 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I soooo love those projects that seem to knit themselves...

    6/26/2007 8:31 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    How cute! I may have to get that book, what with so many friends having babies. I need some easy cute patterns. :)

    6/27/2007 10:17 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Time to crank out another one and find someone having twins!

    Very cute -- I'll have to give this pattern a try.

    6/28/2007 9:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home