Wednesday, June 27, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Little Boy Blue

    For the sword outwears its sheath,
    And the soul outwears the breast,
    And the coat outwears the pants,
    Till there's nothing left but the vest.
    -Theodore Morrison

    2 buttons
    8 minutes
    1 finished baby vest

    Wow that was fast!

    (The color was truer in Monday's photograph, however. More of a slate blue.)

    Little Boy Blue Vest
    Pattern: Textured Stripe Vest
    Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim Aran in Stonewashed - this used 2 skeins with 1 yd to spare - about 140 yds total!
    Needles: US 6 Brittany Birch straights
    Notes: My gauge was 4.5 sts/in rather than the 5.5 sts/in called for, so I cast on 40 sts and used the numbers for the small size with the measurements for the 3rd size (12 mos).
    Best Thing About This Project: While I don't think baby boys need all blue, I do think they look cute in SOME blue. Here it is.

    Labels:

    8 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's pretty adorable. Man, I love baby knits.

    6/27/2007 8:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute! So, the stonewashed look CAN be cute...interesting... ;)

    6/27/2007 8:28 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I agree, that's just the right touch of blue. :)

    6/27/2007 10:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute! Perfect blue. You can't deprive boys of blue just because of a color cliche.

    6/27/2007 2:36 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Adorable, and since it's a powdery blue it's not over-the-top...

    6/27/2007 4:11 PM  
    Blogger Faith said...

    Precious! I love it. Mind if I link? I have a thing for baby items.

    6/27/2007 6:30 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    It turned out great. I love it!

    6/27/2007 9:20 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I love it! The color is very gracious!

    6/28/2007 8:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home