Tuesday, July 17, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Rowena Revisited

    A sister is both your mirror - and your opposite.
    -Elizabeth Fischel


    Many of you thought I was knitting Rowena as a baby gift. Let me introduce my baby sister: Perhaps she's not as small as you might have imagined? You may or may not recall that I received Knit2Together as a Christmas gift from my uncle and aunt, and as soon as I saw this pattern I knew that I needed to make it for my sister. I steathily asked her to measure a sweater of hers, and set to work. It's technically a (rather early) birthday present for her September birthday, but I wanted to make sure it fit. And it's a perfect fit. In size. In color. And certainly with the hydrangea bush.

    Rowena Fair
    Pattern: Rowena from Knit2Together
    Yarn: KnitPicks Ambrosia in Petal, 9 1/2 skeins for a 34" size
    Needles: US4 Addis
    Notes: I made the sleeves a couple of inches shorter to make them 3/4 length rather than bracelet length (a decided preference of the recipient), and I knit the hem stitches up as I went rather than sewing them down later. Also, I only put a ribbon at the neck rather than also at the hem and sleeves.
    Best Thing About This Project: It was 94 degrees and very humid in that photo above. And look how happy she looks in her new sweater!

    And one more thing - as happy as she is above, my sister would like you all to know that she has many outfits planned for the sweater, and none of them involve the shade of fuschia she was wearing when we took the photos.

    Labels:

    17 Comments:

    Blogger JayJay said...

    Rowena looks fantastic on her! I can see why she is smiling.

    7/17/2007 7:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi T! She will wear the hand-made sweater in style! She'll also get to brag about her sister in the process. You did a beautiful job! Love, Mom

    7/17/2007 9:13 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    What a lucky sister she is! Do you need another sister? ;)

    7/17/2007 9:24 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    How cute! The sister and the sweater ;o)

    Good call on ribbon only at the neckline. Anymore--overkill.

    7/17/2007 9:33 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rowena is beautiful! Lucky sister!

    7/17/2007 10:02 AM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Beautiful sister, beautiful sweater. Somehow she looks like someone who'll have more chic combinations than the petal/fuschia one.

    7/17/2007 10:06 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great sweater and she looks so pleased with it! It looks like it fits well too, always important!

    7/17/2007 10:59 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    She is a cutie!

    7/17/2007 11:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It looks beautiful on her!

    7/17/2007 2:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful feminine sweater!! Lucky sister!

    7/17/2007 2:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boy, does little sister owe you one! It looks wonderful on her.

    7/17/2007 5:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't imagine a cuter photo -- your sister is adorable. And I'm extremely impressed by her cheer in the face of wool in the heat!

    7/17/2007 6:41 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    I think that Rowena looks fabulous with her outfit, tell her to pull out all the stops and rock the bright colors!!

    7/18/2007 5:14 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Perfect fit. Good work!

    7/18/2007 7:02 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Baby! Rowena looks cute on her.

    7/18/2007 4:34 PM  
    Blogger Scheherazaad said...

    What a lucky sister! That sweater is so gorgeous! Also congratulations on your wedding. I am sure you will be just as happy as your parents in 30 years.

    7/18/2007 6:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute! And I'm sure your sister's smile is all the thanks you could ask for. :)

    7/19/2007 8:35 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home