Sunday, July 22, 2007

  • Main Page
  • I'm A Follower

    The woman who runs will never lack followers.
    -Ashley Dukes

    Working on this blogging-knitting dissociation . . . I thought I'd try that crazy-wild concept of blogging about what I'm actually knitting.

    This weekend, it's been mostly socks (not as many as Jen, of course). And in photographing these, it turns out that I'm a bit of a follower, or what my sister might call a "trend-bucket." But so it is.

    I've been carrying around my Jaywalkers for a while, a little bit here and there. And they're coming along well - only the foot of one sock left to go. And then I realized - Sockapalooza 4 is fast approaching. And since I hadn't exactly started my sock pal's size US 11 women's socks, I thought it was time. The Monkeys above (yup, a follower) are in Ball and Skein in Mosaic, and the colors are fascinating and shimmery and jewel-like. But there's a story there. I thought US 2s would be the size, but the pooling was incredible. I was out and about for the day, and didn't really want to restart. I grabbed my US 1s and started, but it was a bit tight for my taste. I experimented a bit and found that using 3 US 2 dpns and 2 US 1 dpns created the perfect size and color patterning. Whatever works . . .

    And to prove that I'm not always just a follower . . . A finished pair of socks from a couple of weeks ago. I needed a comfy cozy pair of socks for a friend of mine and the Rainy Day Socks fit the bill perfectly. They were well received. . . and worn. Hence the bad flash photo.

    Comfy Cozy Socks
    Pattern: Rainy Day Socks from Magknits
    Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK
    Needles: US 4 dpns
    Notes: No changes - a great pattern.
    Best Thing About This Project: Hearing from the recipient that the last pair I made her had been worn so much they'd actually worn through.

    Labels:

    9 Comments:

    Blogger miss ewe said...

    Those are great! All of them, but I especially love the Mosaic colourway!!!

    7/22/2007 10:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ooooh - socks in DK weight! Beautiful! (and I bet they WERE "comfy cozy" in the alpaca/silk!!)

    7/23/2007 4:52 AM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Oh, that's a good thing to hear from a sock recipient! Your socks look great! I love that pink Regia!

    7/23/2007 4:56 AM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Love your anti-pooling mods, what a clever idea. The Monkey socks are popular for a reason--it is such an enjoyable pattern to work on and the end result is so gorgeous!

    7/23/2007 5:02 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very pretty socks! I has gauge issues with my monkey socks - I ripped and haven't restarted. Good luck with yours!

    7/23/2007 6:52 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Great looking socks! One day I will follow along too and knit the Monkey Socks. Of course, by the time I get around to knitting them everyone will have moved on to the next popular trend setting pattern.

    7/23/2007 7:46 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, all the socks look lovely! I particularly like the vibrant color of the jaywalkers. They have a very summery vibe.

    7/23/2007 12:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute socks! I think I need some socks in my life...I should get to casting on a pair...

    7/23/2007 1:28 PM  
    Blogger WandaWoman said...

    VVery cute socks, I love them all.

    7/24/2007 2:49 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home