Thursday, July 19, 2007

  • Main Page
  • A Blogging-Knitting Dissociation

    Let them eat cake.
    -Marie Antoinette

    I finished a sweater last night that most of you probably didn't know I was working on. And then it hit me - my current blogging-knitting dissociation. (Which will be highlighted in this post by an unrelated photo of my first wedding cake. Just for kicks.) Last blogged about here.

    It's been busy, I was away, then I had a lovely visitor, and throughout it all there's a lot going on at work - lots of patients, long hours, research projects, presentations to give. And so I've actually finished most of the things I've ever blogged about, started (and in some cases, finished) things that have never seen the light of the blog. And then there are things like Sockapalooooza. Fast approaching. So bear with me here as I get the life, the knitting, and the blog all in the same week, if not the same day. I know that the news is better live than recycled. And we'll get there.

    In the meantime, I did "handle" my July UFO for the UFO Resurrection. Cablenet. Which I apparently never mentioned casting on. But I had done about 2-3 inches of one leg way back in November and promptly put it down never to be picked up again. And when I did pick it up, I realized that it was not keeping my attention at all these days. So, while I like the pattern, I frogged it. One more UFO off the (woefully out-of-date) list. And the lovely potential of that Koigu back in my stash.

    Labels: , , , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger margene said...

    The cake is beautiful and a nice distraction.

    7/19/2007 7:38 AM  
    Blogger Leah said...

    Pretty cake!

    I'm looking forward to some finished objects. Haven't seen a lot of your beautiful knitwear lately!

    7/19/2007 7:48 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That CAKE!! Wow.

    7/19/2007 8:41 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    incredible cake (and i love it that you can have a first-wedding cake and, eventually, a second-wedding cake!).

    I'm in the same boat with my knitting-to-blogging life. I'm so swamped with things in life that even though I've been knitting, I can't seem to blog it. Or take pictures. or take pictures, post them to flickr AND blog about it. I figure, when fall kicks in and my life is forcibly more regimented, I'll get back on the boat. (fingers crossed).

    7/19/2007 9:22 AM  
    Blogger Kim said...

    Beautiful cake! I love the blue and yellow flowers, and the little dots!

    7/19/2007 9:56 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    What a pretty cake! I am drooling just looking at it (cake is one of those things that is impossible not to love, or maybe I just have an incredible sweet tooth). I sometimes randomly cast on for things too. I think sometimes you need to have stealth projects that you don't share on the blog. That way if things don't work out you don't have to explain it.

    7/19/2007 12:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That cake looks scrumptious. What were you saying?

    Lucky you. I've got stuff I've started and gotten so little accomplished that I feel like I need sleight of hand to distract from the slowness. But post what you can of what you did! Unless it's already in Frog Pond.

    7/19/2007 5:07 PM  
    Blogger Jenni said...

    WOW!! Yum... I just LOVE wedding cakes!

    7/22/2007 7:37 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What do you mean, your first wedding cake? The cake from your wedding? I thought it was a small affair -- or did you each get a tier to yourselves? Now that would be my kind of wedding cake.

    I also seem to have drifted away from a time when I would show my knitting in any state other than finished. I'm not sure how that happened.

    8/06/2007 6:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home