Thursday, August 09, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Dish Rag Queen

    You make the beds, you wash the dishes,
    and six months later you have to start all over again.
    -Joan Rivers

    Have you been following the Dish Rag Tag? It's the best of summer team competitive knitting - fun, competitive, not too hot, and even inexpensive to participate in. As a prelimiary event, Emily ran a contest for the enviable title "Dish Rag Team" and provided the prize. Imagine my surprise when I won! Is it strange that I've been designated a dish rag queen and yet this is currently the only dish rag cotton in my house right now?

    Labels:

    8 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not at all.

    8/09/2007 2:09 PM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    Congrats!!! Well, if you are only going to have one ball of dishrag cotton, that HUGE supersize ball would be the one to have. :)

    8/09/2007 5:48 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Weirdly dishrags are so fun to make, aren't they?

    8/10/2007 5:58 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Dishcloth cotton obviously doesn't last long in your house.

    8/10/2007 6:48 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Very cool! I actually have quite a bit of dishrag cotton ("helping" another knitter reduce her stash). I just can't decide if I should make dishrags, potholders, or bibs. Maybe some of each? ;)

    8/10/2007 9:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on winning!

    8/10/2007 11:08 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That may be why you have so many finished dish rags...the rest of us just have mounds of cotton.

    8/10/2007 1:29 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Hmmmmmm...it seems like a couple years ago you flashed a drawer full of dishcloths and I remember thinking, 'My goodness! She has knit as many dishcloths as she has knit socks!' THAT must be why you are a designated dish rag queen!

    BTW, I keep forgetting to mention that I, too majored in History with an emphasis on Classical! I just assumed you majored in a Science. You are a well-rounded science person then! YAY!

    8/11/2007 8:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home