Monday, August 06, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Hey, Hey I'm a Monkey

    Then I saw her face,
    Now I'm a believer.
    -The Monkees

    The Sockapalooza Socks are in the mail. While they wisk across the country to their intended recipient, we can all admire the glory that is the Monkey pattern. I had been enjoying the many pairs popping up all over blogland, but I didn't truely understand until I made a pair of my own. Now I'm a believer.

    Monkey Socks
    Pattern: Seriously? Someone still needs the link?
    Yarn: Ball and Skein handpainted sock yarn in Mosaic
    Needles: I described my fancy trick here - I used 2 US 1 dpns and 3 US 2s
    Notes: I obviously went with the picot cuff, but no other mods
    Best Thing About This Project: Now that this pair is done, I get to cast on for a second pair!

    Labels: ,

    16 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I love the colors in that yarn! Gorgeous!

    8/06/2007 2:48 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You too, with the Monkeys, huh? I can see I will need to knit a pair myself! I'm sure the recipient will LOVE these!

    8/06/2007 3:52 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Someone is lucky to be receiving these!

    8/06/2007 3:54 PM  
    Blogger Chrissy said...

    Beautiful! Thanks for pointing us towards that needle trick. What a great idea!

    8/06/2007 4:13 PM  
    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    I really like the picot edge, lovely! I just finished a pair earlier today and was also in admiration of the stunning simplicity of the pattern.

    8/06/2007 7:49 PM  
    Blogger Vicki said...

    I wasn't all that excited by this pattern before either, but those are lovely! Maybe I'll try out a pair and see if it makes me a believer too.

    8/07/2007 6:40 AM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    Beautiful Monkey's!

    8/07/2007 7:07 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Beautiful yarn! A great pair of socks!

    8/07/2007 7:19 AM  
    Blogger margene said...

    Monkey's are just a load of fun!

    8/07/2007 7:33 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There are really nice colors in that colorway! The Monkeys look fantastic, I am sure your pal will like them. I like them because they knit up so fast. Go forth and continue to let your knitting flow!

    8/07/2007 8:39 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is some very beautiful yarn!

    8/07/2007 10:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love the monkeys!

    8/07/2007 12:58 PM  
    Blogger WandaWoman said...

    Those are great socks! I really do like the Monkey sock pattern. It's so fun.

    8/07/2007 6:53 PM  
    Blogger clothesknit said...

    your monkeys are fabulous! love them in that colorway :o)

    8/07/2007 9:45 PM  
    Blogger Faith said...

    These are up there in the top-ten Monkeys I've seen yet! Mind if I link to them?

    8/09/2007 8:16 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Those look great! Originally I just liked the pattern for the name, but I am beginning to think there is a lot more to these.

    8/10/2007 8:54 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home