Tuesday, September 04, 2007

  • Main Page
  • The Half Monty

    There are several projects I have never ended up doing,
    for various reasons, but I still find myself researching them.
    - Will Wright

    All over blogland I've seen people updating their WIP lists, getting back into gear for the new school year, and giving us the state of the knitting. Somehow, I just can't seem to get that all together this week and find all of my projects simultaneously to photograph. But something is better than nothing, so I'll give you a brief, partial project roundup.

    Started months ago, the Long Paisley Shawl:
    Started months ago, and recently just worked on again, the Backyard Leaves Scarf:Did I ever even mention this? Inspired by Kristen's, I just had to start a Prosperous Plum Tank. A pair of mini-socks. I wear these with my clogs to work when I'm wearing scrubs. Here's some leftover Lorna's Laces and Artyarns Ultramerino.
    And Lizard Ridge in process. But I saw an amazing one the other day, and now I'm rethinking the entire project.

    So that's part of the gang. Which part, you ask? I have no idea. But one of these days I'll get around to taking stock myself. It's important to at least glance about before starting that Christmas knitting . . .

    Labels: , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm thinking of doing a roundup myself. 'Course there's all those projects I started this weekend.....

    9/04/2007 8:45 PM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    I'd be too embarrassed to do a round up of my projects. I can't wait to see your Prosperous Plum Tank!

    9/04/2007 10:26 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I'm not good at keeping up with a large number of projects, so I usually only have about three going at once. Less interesting for blogging, but so much better for my sanity.

    9/05/2007 5:12 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I missed a lot while out of town! Happy Birthday, belatedly! I was just thinking about how my recent startitis has fueled an embarrasing number of WIPs, yeah, and Christmas is just around the corner...

    9/05/2007 8:18 AM  
    Blogger Brenda said...

    Very nice WIPs! It's interesting to me how even people now far removed from the world of fall school starts still think in those terms.

    9/05/2007 3:16 PM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    I don't know - I make the lists and log in the WIPs, but still cast on more than I can possibly finish. Do you think we knitters have a sickness - or a monogamy problem??

    Anyhow, CONGRATS, you won my Location Shoot contest!!! :) Send me your snail mail address and I'll get a prize together for you.

    9/05/2007 7:24 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow- look at your WIPs! I've been knitting on Carmelita like a woman possessed. Quite momogamous these days. I'd like to cast on other projects, jut I can't until I'm done with the shawl. It's been on the needles for far too long.

    9/06/2007 3:28 PM  
    Blogger Yarnhog said...

    I did Prosperous Plum. It's a wonderful pattern--highly addictive (once you get past that picot hem--which is beautiful but a huge pain, at least for me).

    9/07/2007 12:54 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    My roundup would be embarrasingly small. Still, it might be worthwhile to reassess some things. Your projects look great, by-the-way!

    9/10/2007 11:43 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home