Wednesday, August 22, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Too Cute for Words

    When I grow up I want to be a little boy. -Joseph Heller

    I haven't only been starting things lately; there's been a little finishing around here, too. (Just a little, of course. Nothing to upset the natural order of things.)

    There's something about the idea of little boys in vests. And since this one could be made with some stash sock yarn I had lying around, resistance was futile.
    Little Boy Blue Pattern: Baby Cable Vest from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby
    Yarn: Fortissima Cotton Fingering Weight in denim (a light blue) and a bit of white cotton leftovers for the edgings
    Needles: US 3 Addis for the bulk and US2 Brittany Birch dpns for the sleeves Notes: I think this is the 12 month size, and it took not much more than 50g of the blue, much less than I expected. Also, I added the white contrast edges for fun, and because I had the white. Why not?
    Best Thing About This Project: I liked it so much, I immediately cast on for some matching two-tone booties from the same book. Irresistible!

    Labels: ,

    8 Comments:

    Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

    Oh I love it. The trim is killing me!!!

    8/23/2007 8:33 AM  
    Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

    Oh, too cute! I bought yarn for this vest in green, it's next up after the Crossover Sweater in the same book. Thanks for sharing yours!

    8/23/2007 11:49 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is too cute for words. I love all the little cables!

    8/23/2007 12:12 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very cute!

    8/23/2007 3:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love it! I was hoping Toasty's bro was having a boy because...well, for a lot of reasons, but partially because I wanted to knit this vest. However, it's a girl, so I'm making a pale pink cashmere baby blanket. I'm a little crazy.

    8/24/2007 8:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love this! So darn cute!

    8/24/2007 11:18 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I love vests for boys. Adorable!

    8/24/2007 12:20 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The blue is nice, not too "baby" blue, but definitely has the "boy" look to it. The cables are lovely!

    8/26/2007 7:10 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home