Monday, August 27, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Why Blogging (and Knitting) Just Got Better

    Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded
    if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.

    -Jeff Raskin

    Unrelated to all the birthday goodness (and goodies), I've got some fun reasons that blogging (and knitting) just got a lot better.

    My new blogging tool:

    Definitely a Mac.
    My new knitting accompaniment: In truth, I probably won't be able to start HP7 until next week when I'm out of the ICU, but I'm pretty excited. I had listened to the first 7 on tape, and had a bit of an internal debate about whether to listen or read this final installment. In the end I decided to listen, and my CDs just arrived. All the better for knitting along.

    Ironic, isn't it then, that I just finished my project for the Hogwarts Sock Swap Year Two?

    Labels: , ,

    12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hah! I just bought a macbook pro too! Like, today. I love it. It's my first mac and I was a little scared about the switch, but yeah, it's great so far. My faithful Toshiba died last weekend and I knew it was time to go mac.

    RIP Toshi, Viva Mac!

    8/27/2007 7:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't know if you were a Mac girl before, but I am 100% -- there is even a mac group on Ravelry!

    8/27/2007 7:35 PM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Yay for Macs! I got to play around with a macbook a few weeks ago - so nice!

    8/27/2007 9:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hooray for new computers (esp. macs!) Congrats and happy (belated) birthday!

    8/28/2007 5:04 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Another thing we have in common - I'm a Mac lover too. Check out the "Made with Mac" gif on my blog. Feel free to swipe it. I had to laugh at your comment "when I get out of ICU". Anyone coming to your blog for the first time would probably be a little worried about you!

    8/28/2007 6:38 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Hope you had a Happy Birthday. Is the Mac one of your presents too?

    8/28/2007 6:41 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woo-hoo! Your new blogging toy is a beauty!

    8/28/2007 9:39 AM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Hurray for you! We're a mac house, and Potter fans (who isn't?!). Enjoy your new treats!

    8/28/2007 11:25 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Love the new computer, but you know I'm definitely a Mac person! Enjoy HP7! We will have to get together and discuss it sometime soon.

    8/28/2007 2:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy belated birthday! Nice new blogging tool. I'm expecting a new blogging tool from Dell in a couple of weeks - my first laptop. Can't wait!

    8/29/2007 10:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seeing the apple always makes me happy. Congratulations!

    8/30/2007 12:26 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gotta love Apple! ordering a pic book from iphoto makes the best presents ever! Just dropping you an owl to let you know I am happily knitting away on your Ravenclaw socks! :0)

    Your Hogwarts Sock Swap Pal

    8/31/2007 10:01 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home