Monday, September 17, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Who Is Jay?

    Who is Jay? And why are you walking like him?
    - a bad middle-school joke from back in the day

    I realized I'd been neglectfull. Not just of Jay here, but actually of all socks and sock knitting recently. And that is about to change.

    We'll start with Jay.

    Jay
    Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
    Yarn: Regia (Africa Color? something) that I bought in Germany
    Needles: US 1 Brittany Birch dpns
    Notes: I used the bigger size for the leg and the smaller size for the foot. To do this I decreased in each section one extra time and got rid of a bunch of stitches in the heel flap.
    Best Thing About This Project: Gosh, they're cute!

    As I said, I've been very neglectful of all of these socks, socks-in-progress (none of which have appeared here yet), and even in keeping us all updated about the status of my sock box. That 106 pairs over there on the right? That's way old news. I'll do a count soon and let you know. Because Abigail's sock circle is super-inspiring.

    Labels:

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I can't wait to see what you've been up to! Love the Jays!

    9/18/2007 4:20 AM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Another great pair of socks to add to your box!

    9/18/2007 5:59 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Wow, those are so cheerful! I love them! I was wondering about the sock count. It didn't seem high enough to me (knowing your sock completions, that is).

    9/18/2007 7:34 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No one would have held it against you consider Socktober is around the corner...that is one happy jay, by the way!

    9/18/2007 1:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh, now i looove how those turned out!!! cute, cute, cute! :-D

    9/18/2007 8:17 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home