Monday, October 22, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Usurped

    It takes two flints to make a fire.
    -Louisa May Alcott

    I returned last night from my second round-trip cross-country trip in 10 days (yes, I am tired - why do you ask?) full of mediations on the incredible amount of knitting one can get done in all those airports and on all those plane rides.

    And it is true - I made great progress on my Frost Flowers and Leaves shawl, finished the Merino Lace Socks, and knit large parts of two other pairs of socks. Photos, however? Going to have to wait.

    I saw the wildfires from the plane last night, and in the meantime, the hospital is one of those places that gets busier in a state of emergency. The knitting will just have to wait.

    Labels: , ,

    9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi T, STAY SAFE!!!! Love, Mom

    10/22/2007 3:55 PM  
    Blogger Liz K. said...

    Take care and stay safe. My brother-in-law and his family were just evacuated from Rancho Bernardo. Yikes.

    Thanks for all that you are doing/will do for the folks out there.

    10/22/2007 4:37 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think your mom said it for all of us - stay safe, and I'll be waiting for Frost Flowers and Leaves progress pics.

    10/22/2007 5:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you stay safe!

    10/22/2007 5:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My mil/fil were evacuated yesterday from the Fallbrook area. Stay safe!

    10/23/2007 10:57 AM  
    Blogger knitseashore said...

    Was thinking of you when I saw the news. I hope things get under control very soon, and you can stay safe.

    10/23/2007 1:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Definitely been thinking of you and hoping you're in no danger. Sorry you're busy -- I'm sure those you're helping are lucky you to have you doing so.

    10/23/2007 4:47 PM  
    Blogger Mikki said...

    Stay safe down there. Thank you for being there to help.

    10/24/2007 3:33 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The fires must have been quite a sight from the plane. I really hope it is all over very soon. (And that some rain comes our way soon).

    10/26/2007 5:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home