Saturday, October 13, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Some Little Socks

    A man travels the world over in search of what he needs
    and returns home to find it.

    -George Moore

    While we're all still basking in the glow of the scrappy socks, I thought I'd share another recent FO, and another favorite thing to do with leftover sock yarn.

    I call these "Little Socks" for obvious reasons, and I can attest that they are the absolute best possible thing to wear inside your clogs. (You do have Danskos, right?)

    Little Socks
    Pattern: mine (ish) - basically these are top-down short-row heel socks (Colleen, are you falling over yet?) with a short cuff - 10 rows of 1x1 ribbing
    Yarn: leftovers. Here, Artyarns Ultramerino in gunmetal gray for the heel and toe, and Lorna's Laces, colorway unknown, for the body.
    Needles: US1 dpns
    Notes: This is the one case where I think a short-row heel really is warranted. Something about the way it fits in the shoes.
    Best Thing About This Project: I don't have a photo, but I can assure you that they look awesome with my new red clogs.

    So the real question remains . . . If I have all these great uses for leftover sock yarn, why do I still have so much?

    Herald, ye, the dangers of knitting 117 pairs of socks.

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Cute!

    10/14/2007 3:00 PM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    Cute socks! I coveted Danskos for the longest time (and may still, deep down), but when I tried them on they didn't fit my feet very well. Alas!

    10/14/2007 6:09 PM  
    Blogger Home's Jewels said...

    Great idea - I was just thinking about knitted socks to wear with my Danskos, but hadn't thought of making short ones. Perfect!

    10/14/2007 6:16 PM  
    Blogger twigletqueen said...

    Genius! I can finally get rid of my leftover glove yarn

    10/15/2007 4:48 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I get a hoot out of all the doctor shows that show the women doctors tottering around on 3 inch heels! In real life they're probably wearing Danskos. I'm a big fan of Clarks - that's all I wear, but I might have to try out the Danskos too. Red clogs - tres chic!

    10/15/2007 7:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Another cute pair of "leftover" socks - too cute! And inspiring. :)

    10/15/2007 2:00 PM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    What a great way to use up those little bits of left over yarn. I'm afraid I'm going to have to copy you - one of these days =) Oh, and I think we need a picture with the red clogs. I mean, we are talking about red shoes.

    10/15/2007 5:05 PM  
    Blogger Faith said...

    Oh smart! What a good idea! Mind if I link to these?

    10/15/2007 5:12 PM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    These are cute! Why would Colleen fall over? (Maybe that just ruined her equilibrium right there...)

    10/16/2007 8:00 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I really like those! Perhaps I would wear more socks if they were short like that. Also, I will probably need some Danskos in a few months, so thanks for the reminder!

    10/17/2007 11:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home