Friday, October 12, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Leaves in My Backyard

    It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
    -P.D. James

    Home for fall - pumpkins, leaves, and the general change of weather on the east coast. I love it. (And I really miss it.)
    So while I'm hanging out with all the family, delivering baby gifts, attending my wedding shower, and just generally enjoying this all, we can all admire the finally blocked September UFO.

    Backyard Leaves Scarf
    Pattern: Backyard Leaves Scarf from Scarf Style
    Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style in Asparagus (3 skeins)
    Needles: US 7 Brittany Birch straights (oh, how I love thee)
    Notes: This was, like most scarf projects, both fun and tedious. The lace pattern is interesting, but I never could memorize it, and it does seem to grow. But it's still a scarf. And still long.
    Best Thing About This Project: Finally getting around to knitting it after having the yarn for 2 years.

    Labels:

    13 Comments:

    Blogger Kristen said...

    The scarf is worthy of admiration! How nice that you will get to enjoy some REAL Fall along with those fun activities during your visit.

    10/12/2007 3:41 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Looks great! But I'm glad you finished ;-) Have a great vacation!

    10/12/2007 4:26 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    The pattern looks really great in that color! You are on a real finishing streak (although that's really not much different from usual).

    10/12/2007 5:32 PM  
    Blogger Elinor said...

    Have a great visit with the fam and the fall! I love the scarf. I've long admired that pattern but the chart furrowed my brow way back when and I've never returned to it for the reasons you listed. BTW, sorry I haven't commented in ages. I still read your blog all the time, I'm just embarrassingly behind on .rss feeds. Keep up all the UFO finishing!!

    10/12/2007 6:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's beautiful! Yay for getting it done!

    10/12/2007 10:02 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm glad you are getting to spend some time back here at this perfect time of year!
    Your scarf is beautiful!

    10/13/2007 5:18 AM  
    Blogger Francesca said...

    I do love that scarf pattern and I too have had the yarn for it since for ever. Yours encourages me to get around to it. But I must start knitting faster. Or sleeping less.

    10/13/2007 6:30 AM  
    Blogger Charleen said...

    Gorgeous scarf! Well worth the effort. Enjoy your visit, we're having wonderful fall weather. If you were a week earlier you would have been stuck in heat and humidity!

    10/13/2007 6:42 AM  
    Blogger Kate Diamond said...

    I'm missing New England, too--and I also blogged about it.

    And why is it I get a disgusting cold EVERY SINGLE October? Urgh.

    10/13/2007 1:00 PM  
    Blogger twigletqueen said...

    I seems so strange that some people are actually getting a proper fall, we're only just getting our fair share of summer in England.

    Lovely scarf, hope you get lots of use out of it

    10/14/2007 11:10 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had the yarn for this scarf for 2 years and just moved assigned it to something else. Your scarf, it is lovely.

    10/15/2007 1:43 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is beautiful! The pattern, the color- everything! Congrats on finishing!

    10/15/2007 1:59 PM  
    Blogger Ariel said...

    Thanks for the comment on my baby sweater. It was such an easy knit (my favorite kind) and I can't wait to give it away. :-)

    Your scarf is incredibly gorgeous. Love the color.

    10/19/2007 11:25 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home