Thursday, October 25, 2007

  • Main Page
  • That Travel Knitting I Was Talking About

    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
    -St. Augustine

    I told you that travel was good for knitting.

    There's that mish-mash of lace in progress, otherwise known as Frost Flowers and Leaves . .

    And then a finished pair of Merino Lace Socks for the Christmas basket.

    Merino Lace Socks
    Pattern:
    from Interweave's Favorite Socks Book
    Yarn: Blueberry sock yarn from Ball and Skein
    Needles: US 1 dpns
    Notes: No real changes from the pattern, although given the short and stubby legs that run in my family I only did 2 repeats of the lace pattern for the leg instead of 2 1/2.
    Best Thing About This Project: Cute. Socks. And look how nice and elegant the lace pattern looks in this darker-than-usual yarn. Surprising, but I went with my gut instinct on this one and it all worked out just fine.


    All in all, not bad for a couple of plane trips.

    Labels: , ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    Makes me want to go get on a plane, if only so I can have some uninterrupted knitting time!
    Very pretty socks!

    10/26/2007 3:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm jealous of your nice long spans of travel knitting! The blueberry socks are beautiful and the
    Frost Flowers lace looks pretty even all scrunched up!

    10/26/2007 6:45 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Yep! I am even looking forward to my 5-hour layover in Chicago next week with knitting needles in hand! It looks like you have some metal needles on your shawl - did they make it through airplane security okay? I'm wondering if I can take my Addi-Nauturas onboard. What do you think?

    10/26/2007 10:48 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did I already say somewhere else on your blog that I am making those exact same socks with nearly identical yarn? We'll have to be sock twins when we next see each other.

    I hope things are far less smoky in your part of the world today!

    10/26/2007 1:25 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Very pretty! The dark color does work well with the pattern. I bet Frost Flowers and Leaves is going to look spectacular! The yarn you choose is so amazing.

    10/26/2007 5:19 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    You're good. I usually stick to stockinette stitch or simple ribbing when I'm on a plane. Love the way the socks turned out!

    10/27/2007 6:44 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home