Monday, December 24, 2007

  • Main Page
  • And the Stockings Were Hung

    'Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house . . .
    And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
    -Clement St. Moore

    What can I say? I love these, our new stockings for our first Christmas together. Our First Christmas Stockings
    Pattern: Holly Stocking (Theresa) and Moose Stocking (James) from Annie's Woolens (Exceptional service, fast shipping, and a gorgeous product. Go buy some now.)
    Yarn:
    they came as kits of Barlett's, and I think I have enough leftover to make a whole third stocking - very generous amounts
    Needles: US 8 dpns. How is it that I don't have a 16" circular in US8?
    Notes: The only real modification I made was to make the hanging loop out of 4 stitch i-cord instead of a crochet chain. I'm expecting them to be full! I also used the short-row heel and toe variation provided, and the yo-short rows worked great.
    Best Thing About This Project: The personalization, of course. These are our stockings for many Christmases to come.

    Need some new stockings? It's Christmas Eve - you still have time!

    Labels: ,

    19 Comments:

    Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

    Merry Christmas to you and hubby!

    Have a wonderful few days off!

    12/24/2007 9:56 AM  
    Blogger Jenn said...

    Very cute! Enjoy your first Christmas together!

    12/24/2007 10:11 AM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    They came out great! Have a very Merry Christmas you two!

    12/24/2007 10:20 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Adorable stockings. I'd have a tough time choosing a favorite. Merry Christmas!

    12/24/2007 10:37 AM  
    Blogger hopalong682003 said...

    Beautiful stockings! Enjoy your first Christmas together. :-)

    12/24/2007 11:07 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a VERY merry first Christmas together, and many, many more!

    12/24/2007 11:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've got mine at home just waiting for me to get back and start knitting them. They'll have to do for next Christmas.

    ps-- if you want to see a picture of the new niece, check out dscrib.

    Happy Christmas Eve!!!

    12/24/2007 11:10 AM  
    Blogger Home's Jewels said...

    They look great - you sure knit them quickly!

    12/24/2007 12:36 PM  
    Blogger sloth-knits said...

    The stockings look great! Have a wonderful Christmas with your husband.

    12/24/2007 12:37 PM  
    Blogger Pam said...

    Great stockings! Enjoy them for many Christmases

    Happy Christmas to you both!

    12/24/2007 1:29 PM  
    Blogger Carrie K said...

    Oh yeah, plenty of time. Ha.

    Merry Christmas! The stockings look so perfect!

    12/25/2007 1:51 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    I LOVE those, Theresa! And, they will have to go on my future knit list...LOL

    12/25/2007 3:21 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Love them! Merry Christmas!

    12/26/2007 6:15 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    Merry Xmas, and best wishes for the New Year! Enjoy your first holiday season together!

    Hope you both got good stuff in those lovely stockings.

    Wendy

    12/26/2007 6:52 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    I love the stockings! I have to make one for the hubby as well, now that we have a fireplace. Mine in sewn, so I think I may sew his too. I also have to think about what to make for the Guppy for next year.

    12/26/2007 8:48 AM  
    Blogger Jenny Raye said...

    The stockings are great! Merry 1st Christmas together.......and Happy New Year!

    12/26/2007 4:01 PM  
    Blogger Karen said...

    Those are gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed your first Christmas together.

    12/27/2007 7:42 AM  
    Blogger tiennieknits said...

    These are so cute together! Happy happy holidays!

    12/27/2007 9:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love them! Though I am amused because you and my dad now have the same stocking (that pattern was one of my first-ever knitting projects).

    May you get many happy Christmases of use out of them.

    12/31/2007 6:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home