May God grant you always,
A sunbeam to warm you, A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you, Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.
The votes are in, and the tally is a suprising . . .
- Sunburst: 10
- Celtic: 9 (includes my husband's vote over the phone)
- Wood Toggles: 1 (write-in - leather buttons were my other thought, btw)
This was a real come from behind win for the Sunburst, as most of you had the same initial thought I did - cables, celtic, perfect. The pattern is from a Celtic Knits book, after all. But there was just something about the Sunbursts that called to me from deep in the button tin, something that suited this project better. I appreciate all your input, especially the thoughtful comments. Between Rebecca, Pam, and Loribird, you summed up what had been going through my mind all along.
- Rebecca: I am going to have to vote for the sunburst because the Denim sweater just seems to be a little bit more contemporary.
- Pam: The celtic ones SHOULD go, but really, I like the sunbursts better. Which, by the way, illustrates why I have a drawer full of buttons I bought the first time -- I have an IDEA of what should work with a sweater I'm making, which ends up being different than the actual right button.
- Loribird: I vote sunburst - just because the cables and the celtic knotwork right next to each other compete rather than complement.
Because, regardless of your votes, my gut instinct is what I really went with here. These are definitely the right buttons.
You will get to see the sweater in all its glory (it's fabulous, the fit is perfect, and it's definitely my new favorite sweater) later this weekend. I think it's accompanying me and my soon-to-return husband on a weekend jaunt around Southern California.
Labels: Denim Aran, Finishing