Tuesday, December 11, 2007

  • Main Page
  • That February Sweater

    A wisely chosen illustration is almost essential to fasten the truth upon the ordinary mind.
    -Howard Crosby

    Thanks to the extensive Cotton Ease stash of knitzalot, I was able to finish my February sweater. Er, December sweater. Er, that Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater.

    And thanks to my insight at a Joanne's store closing sale a couple of years ago, I had the absolutely perfect buttons in my stash. The color is true in this second photo, and the buttons are a perfect match.Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters' Almanac, February
    Yarn: Cotton-Ease in Sugarplum. Note - I needed about 1/10th of a second ball in spite of some Ravelers making by with one.
    Needles: US . . . 8s?
    Notes: No mods. I actually get annoyed knitting all in one piece. I'd rather knit smaller pieces and just take a little time to sew them up. But it was still quick and easy.
    Best Thing About This Project: Definitely the buttons. Until the baby is here, that is. Edited to add: Not my baby. Sheesh. You guys. Plenty of other babies coming.

    Labels: ,

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Kristen said...

    Gorgeous! I will have to dig out my Knitters' Almanac.

    12/11/2007 2:36 PM  
    Blogger Ren said...

    what an adorable sweater... i love the buttons, too! : )

    12/11/2007 3:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my God, I have never loved a baby sweater that much. I must make it.

    Who's the baby? E-mail me if it's a secret.

    12/11/2007 5:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute...and yes- the buttons are perfect!

    12/11/2007 5:50 PM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Until the baby is here? This does NOT sound like a hypothetical statement anymore............

    Hmm....I have some coral Cotton Ease...maybe I should make my grand-niece this sweater after the Dale one.

    12/11/2007 6:20 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    So pretty!

    12/12/2007 4:56 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Very cute sweater! I think I'm going to start a cute little baby hoodie soon, but I am so close to finishing three other projects first. It will nearly be a clean slate for '08 if I can manage it.

    12/12/2007 8:33 AM  
    Blogger Kris said...

    That's beautiful.

    12/12/2007 1:47 PM  
    Blogger tiennieknits said...

    I love your little sweaters!

    12/12/2007 8:31 PM  
    Blogger Turtle said...

    Very nice! I have not done much baby knitting but have a good friend who just had twin girls...maybe!

    12/12/2007 10:02 PM  
    Blogger nova said...

    I like this baby sweater every time I see it. It's very sweet. And yours is lovely. I too like the buttons best though.

    12/14/2007 11:23 AM  
    Blogger Rachel said...

    I tried to comment before, but it appears it didn't take? Of course now that I'm reposting, I feel as though I should have something far more profound to say than I actually did, which is that I do love how the perfect buttons can elevate an already adorable sweater into the cuteness stratosphere. Excellent find at JoAnn's!

    12/17/2007 3:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home