Sunday, November 25, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Log Cabin-ing

    There is hardly a pioneer's hut which does not contain a few odd volumes of Shakespeare. I remember reading the feudal drama of Henry V for the first time in a log cabin.
    -Alexis de Tocqueville

    I've got not one but two pairs of finished Log Cabin socks for the Christmas basket. Log Cabin Socks
    Pattern: from Handknit Holidays
    Yarn: Tahki Dakota for the grey, and worsted weight wool from McAusland's Woolen Mill on PEI for the green/blue pair
    Needles: US6 dpns for the grey, US5 for the green/blue
    Notes: Great, easy pattern. Makes thick slipper socks, nothing that would fit in shoes.
    Best Thing About This Project: And that about concludes my Christmas knitting.

    Any updates from the peanut gallery?

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Jenn said...

    I'm very jealous of your nearly finished xmas knitting! I've had yarn for that pattern for nearly two years now - and it's cold here now. As soon as the xmas knitting is finished, hubbo and I are each getting a pair.

    11/25/2007 2:52 PM  
    Blogger yarn4kalei said...

    Man! You knit wicked fast! I wish I could finish as quickly as you do. I am almost finished with your socks! YEY! :0)

    11/25/2007 7:02 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    There's nothing better than a thick pair of socks for wearing around the house. Nice pattern!

    11/26/2007 8:27 AM  
    Blogger TeresaB said...

    Love the pattern and the colors. Isn't that the greatest book?

    11/26/2007 2:07 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home