Friday, November 23, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Another Hat for the Christmas Basket

    And to tell the truth I don't want to let go of the wrists of idleness,
    I don't want to sell my life for money,
    I don't even want to come in out of the rain.
    -Mary Oliver


    If you're lucky enough to get invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving, you can actually make good progress on some knitting. If you happen to be having a really good time and stay out late-ish, well, you might not have photos. So while I'm off to work today, let me distract you with yet another check mark on my Christmas list.

    Simple Cabled Hat Pattern: mine. Cast on 80 sts, rib/cable, try on as you go, and decrease in pattern when done.
    Yarn: a random tweed from the stash
    Needles: US 8 bamboo circular
    Notes: Gosh, I'm beginning to feel virtuous using so much old stash :)
    Best Thing About This Project: Check another box off my list.

    One of the best things about giving handknitted gifts is getting to avoid the Black Friday shopping mania. Good luck to those of you brave enough to attempt it!

    Labels: , , ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger jennie said...

    sheesh! you're making the rest of us Christmas knitters look bad! :)

    11/23/2007 9:51 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What pretty "random tweed" yarn and a beautiful hat!
    I missed your blogiversary...so I want to send belated wishes - thank you for taking the time from your VERY busy life to blog and inspire us with your beautiful knitting!!

    11/24/2007 8:40 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home