Saturday, November 17, 2007

  • Main Page
  • A Hat for the Christmas Basket

    If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform a million realities.
    -Maya Angelou

    Slowly but steadily I've been making progress on those two mutually-related goals: The Christmas Basket and Clean Slate by 2008. Here's another WIP turned into an FO.
    Shedir
    Pattern: Shedir from Knitty
    Yarn: KnitPicks Ambrosia, leftover from Rowena
    Needles: US 5 dpns
    Notes: Not too hard or fiddly to make, but ever the more annoying because I didn't have a 16" circular needle in this size. How is it that I don't have every needle?
    Best Thing About This Project: Stash gone, needles freed. It's a win-win.

    Labels: , , ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger TeresaB said...

    Wow, I'm the first to comment...It's lovely. Love the color.

    11/17/2007 5:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some patterns, no matter how many times they've been made in the past, deserve to be made again. This is one of them. It looks gorgeous. I hope to make this hat at some point too.

    11/17/2007 10:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My husband just asked me the same question about needles as I had to buy a 16" US 4. Nice hat!

    11/18/2007 7:35 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    Very lovely! YAY! Another finished project!

    I am finshing a Shedir this week myself that has been on the needles forever. I don't really like the 16" needles and just use two circulars in the correct size like I am knitting socks.

    11/19/2007 7:09 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home