Friday, November 09, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Contest(s) Winner(s)

    To win you've got to stay in the game.
    -Claude M. Bristol

    The great thing about having multiple contests is having multiple contest winners. And still being on track with NaBloPoMo. We're almost 1/3 there!

    From my 1st contest - "What is November for?"

    Winner by Random Number Generator is Beth from Kangaeru.
    She - correctly - told us that
    November is for autumn leaves, squash and sweet potatoes, apples and mulled cider. And nightfall coming really, really early.
    Sounds like all the things I miss about New England. Go congratulate her, and add her to your bloglines.

    Winner by Whimsy is Nikki who blogs at Trans-Canada Tea Party.
    I love this one -
    November is for digging out the handknits to keep you warm against the coming winter.
    I just keep telling myself that at least I don't have to shovel snow off my car . . .

    And my 2nd contest - "Where were we?"

    The first one to correctly identify both photos was my sister-in-law (Hey Suzanne - why don't you start a knitting blog?), but she had the inside scoop. Not sure if that's quite fair . . .

    Winner by Correctly Identifying the Photos - Since most of you copied Suzanne (at least you admitted it!), I think we'll give the most credit to Emily. She gets bonus points for guessing that we were either on the USS Drum or the USS Alabama (it was the Alabama), which are next to each other in the same park. (That's Mobile in the background, by the way.)

    Winner by Random Number Generator - Hannah. What a cool blog. Go check it out!

    And because my blogiversary month is so fun, there will be more contests. Stay tuned!

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger JayJay said...

    Congrats to all the winners! I didn't really have a good entry for any of them. Maybe I will be luckier with the next contest? ;)

    11/09/2007 10:29 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! I won something based on geographical knowledge (Michael will be shocked). I though I might be a know-it-all if I pointed out the Bayway and the Causeway in the background of the reciprocal picture. Heh.

    11/09/2007 2:23 PM  
    Blogger Nikki said...

    Oh my gosh! I don't think I've ever won a contest! So exciting!! :)

    11/12/2007 9:04 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home