Wednesday, November 07, 2007

  • Main Page
  • Fake But Fun

    Live your life, do your work, then take your hat.
    -Henry David Thoreau

    This hat is the second most fun project I've knit in a while (see Sunday for the most fun one).

    Fake Isle Hat
    Pattern: from Magknits - go knit this pattern!
    Yarn: Noro Silk Garden in a random single skein and an oddball of a worsted weight brown yarn, the identity of which is lost to the vagaries of time
    Needles: US 7 Addi turbos
    Notes: I knit the small size as written and had plenty of leftovers of both the whole skin of silk garden and the partial skein of that random brown yarn. For my next one - and there will be a next one - the knitting needs fewer stitches, smaller needles, or both. Otherwise, it's perfect.
    Best Thing About This Project: I finished listening to HP7 while knitting it. I knew Snape wasn't evil!

    Labels: ,

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

    It looks great! I need to add this to my queue...

    11/07/2007 8:08 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful hat! That pattern has been in my queue for a loooong time, I must get it on my needles!

    11/07/2007 8:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If fake can be so fun and perfect, why be real?! Good job, it looks great!

    11/07/2007 12:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute! The colors are great. :)

    11/07/2007 1:55 PM  
    Blogger Mad about Craft said...

    The combination is so effective, it's a lovely hat

    11/07/2007 2:59 PM  
    Blogger Angelika said...

    That hat is still on my to-do-list. Oh, and don't tell me about Snape. He sure knows how to hide it, if you ask me. I'm only on book 4.

    11/07/2007 4:10 PM  
    Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Love it! I've always wanted to make one for myself.

    11/08/2007 5:59 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    That's beautiful. I need to try that pattern one of these days.

    11/11/2007 5:45 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home