Wednesday, November 28, 2007

  • Main Page
  • It Works!

    Denim has always been an everyday symbol for style.
    -Ritu Kumar

    In spite of that little mitten indiscretion yesterday, I have actually been making good progress on the Shaped Denim Aran (last seen here). It's become my go-to project at home. (Having fewer projects helps.)

    While I love the product, I have to take care about knitting it when I don't want my hands to look cyanotic. I scared some (medical) friends of mine on Thanksgiving ny doing just that very thing. And since I managed to finish the back, I threw it in the washer and dryer to see if it really is the right size after all.

    And guess what? The denim, it shrinks just like it's supposed to.How cool is this? It was so inspiring, I'm about half-way done the left front. After that, another front, two sleeves, a little sewing of a collar. I think I can push this through by the end of the year. Clean Slate for 2008 here we come!

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am hoping for a clean slate in 2008, but I don't think I will be able to get there, especially not as stylishly as you will! This is awesome.

    11/28/2007 10:15 PM  
    Blogger Disentangled said...

    Yay! Here's to things working like they are supposed to! Because, how often is that really the case? ;-)

    11/29/2007 6:31 AM  
    Blogger Rebecca said...

    You go, girl! I'm trying my best to clean that slate, too......however, I have too many large projects on the needles. At least I will get some teeny ones out of the way!

    I love those denim cables. That is a great color.

    11/29/2007 6:33 AM  
    Blogger Kat said...

    No clean slates for me! I have given up on seriously working on any projects. I just cast on as inspiration hits. I figure this works until I run out of needles. Then maybe I should start finishing things!

    11/29/2007 6:40 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home